Rat Rod Bikes Build Off #14?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any idea what's coming up next in the way of build offs? Fall, winter, BMX, muscle bike, or whatever... It may help me decide if a want to build something in the "other" class... (other being not super modified unlimited anything goes what else is there class) (We haven't had a Klunker, Offroad, BMX build in a while.)

Carl.

Sent from the edge of an alternate universe...

Any idea what's coming up next in the way of build offs? Fall, winter, BMX, muscle bike, or whatever... It may help me decide if a want to build something in the "other" class... (other being not super modified unlimited anything goes what else is there class) (We haven't had a Klunker, Offroad, BMX build in a while.)

Carl.

Sent from the edge of an alternate universe...
20" or less build-off.

Post about it is here:

http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/in...18-to-feb-1st-2019.107233/page-3#post-1098791

I know that I won't have a chance to start on anything for the next couple of months (maybe longer). I'll have to see if I can squeeze in something towards the end. All things bike related are on the back burner right now. I am still too busy working out some health issues with my father.

I know that I won't have a chance to start on anything for the next couple of months (maybe longer). I'll have to see if I can squeeze in something towards the end. All things bike related are on the back burner right now. I am still too busy working out some health issues with my father.

"So you're tellin' us there's a chance..."

114e2774-9ce4-454d-9b73-992c723ee11d-07b2e462-9b48-4e5a-8a68-717201b826c2-v1.png

Shirt ordered. Probably going to get a late start but I'm in! I gotta finish this year!

114e2774-9ce4-454d-9b73-992c723ee11d-07b2e462-9b48-4e5a-8a68-717201b826c2-v1.png

Shirt ordered. Probably going to get a late start but I'm in! I gotta finish this year!

Dude, you should check that non-drive side crank....I think it's bent....and you should probably be wearing a helmet when you practice one handed wheelies. On the up-side, the Capri length jeans REALLY suit you! Pure awesome!

Cool shirt, ain't no way I'm paying $33 to have one sent to me though. You need to hook up with a silkscreener that can make you shirts for $5-$6 and sell them for $15 instead of these online services that make $20 profit per shirt.

Thanks for the input....no worries on not buying a shirt, it's not for everybody.

I've done it all in the area of shirts. I'm a professional Graphic Designer with 25 years of working experience. I've gone through probably 20 screen printed shirt orders during the 13 years of running the forum. Unfortunately these days I don't have the time to order the shirts, package them and ship them out one by one to everyone. The drop ship method is all I can provide...and you're right, the printer is making most of the money.

As I have been out cleaning the BACK40 and moving stuff around to get ready for BO 14, I have come across 3 complete wheelsets, all vintage, all in great condition, that I would be willing to part with for somebody who needs wheels for the build off.

I am not selling these, but rather accepting shipping costs in order for them to find good homes.

Send me a personal message in Conversations if you are interested and for more details.

Last edited:
Thanks for the input....no worries on not buying a shirt, it's not for everybody.

I've done it all in the area of shirts. I'm a professional Graphic Designer with 25 years of working experience. I've gone through probably 20 screen printed shirt orders during the 13 years of running the forum. Unfortunately these days I don't have the time to order the shirts, package them and ship them out one by one to everyone. The drop ship method is all I can provide...and you're right, the printer is making most of the money.

I have 3 build off shirts already. Try to get one for every build off I actively participate in, but I honestly don't remember them being that expensive? Usually for something like this I don't think too hard at $20 plus shipping, but when I saw $33 I had to reconsider. Figured with a template store site you probably weren't profiting too much from it. I'd rather support the site directly. Why is the build off shirt $25 and the rest $20 though? Were the others more before and being cleared out now? Doesn't seem like there would be any difference between shirts to change the price?

I have 3 build off shirts already. Try to get one for every build off I actively participate in, but I honestly don't remember them being that expensive? Usually for something like this I don't think too hard at $20 plus shipping, but when I saw $33 I had to reconsider. Figured with a template store site you probably weren't profiting too much from it. I'd rather support the site directly. Why is the build off shirt $25 and the rest $20 though? Were the others more before and being cleared out now? Doesn't seem like there would be any difference between shirts to change the price?
print front and back...

I know I'm new here, and I'm not looking to start an argument, but most of the T-shirts I purchase when shopping locally cost $25-$30 in store. $33 for a Tee shipped doesn't seem unfair IMO, especially for something that is relatively small run / drop shipped. When you think about it, if you pay $20 plus shipping normally for a T-shirt, you're sweating a less than $10 cost that helps support why we're all here. If it were me, I'd take a little bit of offense in questioning the price. He's obviously not using us to get rich... and the price is relative to what it costs.

Last edited:

The front and back printing on this shirt drove the cost up...everything else is front only.

I can set up a front only version that would be cheaper if that helps. :)

I see in the build off rules it says that the bike have to be pedal powered. Does that rule out electric assisted bikes? I'm planning a bit if a wild looking thing and ideally I'd like to add a electric hub motor.
If I can't, I'll still build it, just without the motor, then I guess I can add it after

I see in the build off rules it says that the bike have to be pedal powered. Does that rule out electric assisted bikes? I'm planning a bit if a wild looking thing and ideally I'd like to add a electric hub motor.
If I can't, I'll still build it, just without the motor, then I guess I can add it after

You should be fine. Just trying to avoid people drifting too far into the realm of motorcycles. If you can pedal the bike all is good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The front and back printing on this shirt drove the cost up...everything else is front only.

I can set up a front only version that would be cheaper if that helps. :)
Thanks for the explanation. I missed the front / back printing. Have to take another look....

14 days till kickoff of #14...just sayin.

Maybe “Storenvy” ought to provide a Senior Discount for us old guys.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back