Liquid Chrome

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone!
I have recently tried a marker called "Liquid Chrome" by Molotow. I think i have seen it mentioned somewhere here, but still, decided to share.
The thing is that it actually creates an amazing surface that looks so shiny, almost like real chrome. And way better then chrome coating they apply to plastic. I was restoring my handlebar grips from an old Kustom Kruiser, that had the plastic coating chipped and worn out. I did not prepare the surface too good, because i honestly did not believe i'd get a good result, but surprisingly it looks really good. The grip itself was less damaged, and looks almost like new. And here is the bar end after one and after two coatings.
19eb37ed7b4f7b88058f788b4c04d0f6.jpg

86af9b52d6efc0f9d4dd41b29255f576.jpg

I think if prepare the surface well, it would look indistinguishable from actual chrome coating. Anyway, i am satisfied with the result, it looks way better like that, then it was with chipped coating.
Here is also a little video of the process:

Not sending the link, despite of what i said in a video, since i only know where to buy it locally :) But i believe the ones who want can figure it out.

Looks good. Ive been shooting the chrome in a can over white base primer, then clearing. Gotta be careful on paint interactions, laquer clear seems to be the most reliable to not cloud the shiny coat. If you dont clear it, the shiny paint dulls out very fast.

This pen could be very handy on small areas where corrosion is cleaned up or chrome is scratched.

Thank you for that info. I have been trying various "chrome " nail polishes on my Slick Daddy grips. Durable , but not the right finish. Q & A on Amazon for Liquid Chrome says to clear coat that with enamel.I will get the L C and try it. Are you using the 4 mm tip ?

Thank you for that info. I have been trying various "chrome " nail polishes on my Slick Daddy grips. Durable , but not the right finish. Q & A on Amazon for Liquid Chrome says to clear coat that with enamel.I will get the L C and try it. Are you using the 4 mm tip ?
Yes, 4mm. Also bought 1mm for having fun with lettering.

The Molotow Liquid Chrome is available in a 30ml refill that is adequate for airbrushing. I'm told the finished items look great, but is not especially durable. We need to find the best coating that provides protection, while not affecting the luster.

Latest posts

Back