Foremost Swinger

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well this bike was a hassle to get, but it's finally home. For now it will sit in the project pile, while I take care of the current 3 that are going for sandblasting and PC soon.

I found this thing on Facebook in NJ and I am in MA, it was gonna work out great because I was working in PA and had to drive past the town it was in to get home. Well schedules changed so today I made a 6 hour round trip to go get it. The paint is really rough, the seat has a couple of tears that have been repaired with packing tape, the reflector under the seat is from a Ford it's stamped FoMoCo, the crank needs to be replaced it stripped out on one side so someone tried to shove a 9/16" adapter into the hole to hold the pedal on, the front wheel needs a little love there's a lot of slop in the axle and the coaster brake sticks a bit. I'll dig a crank out of the parts pile to get that going when I decide to rip this thing down to pack the bearings.

As for the rest well I think it's gonna get a little elbow grease to clean some of the parts up, I'll peel the tape off the seat and patch it with something better and just give it a good tuneup. I've wanted an Eliminator/Swinger frame in my collection for a while now so now I can say I have one.

IMG-20190509-155721.jpg

IMG-20190509-155729.jpg

IMG-20190509-192037.jpg

IMG-20190509-192052.jpg

IMG-20190509-192059.jpg

IMG-20190509-192349.jpg

IMG-20190509-192617.jpg

If they didn't thread in the adapter too far, you might be able to save the cranks by threading in the correct pedal from the other side (with some light oil) to re-thread the area where they damaged it. It looks like you might have plenty of good threads there.

If they didn't thread in the adapter too far, you might be able to save the cranks by threading in the correct pedal from the other side (with some light oil) to re-thread the area where they damaged it. It looks like you might have plenty of good threads there.
The threads are basically gone in the crank, I think that's why they shoved the adapter in. A 1/2" pedal slides right in and doesn't grab anything

Latest posts

Back