First build off Cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oWg2MQy.jpg

I am going to look for a longer, possibly lower frame for my next build I think.
A stem with more reach and taller bars can really help to stretch out the cockpit. With a tall stem and short bars like you have, any reach gained by the bars is negated by the stem due to the headtube angle.

It looks great :thumbsup:,
Jason

Great start! I too love a worksman frame!

and my .02 on the subject-
A well spent two cents at that :thumbsup:. My only addendum would be, all that really sets a bmx cruiser from a strandie is the bars. Strandies have a cruiser bend style of bar...they can have crossbars, but the general shape is definitely cruiser over bmx (or MX on klunker/bombers/etc).

A well spent two cents at that :thumbsup:. My only addendum would be, all that really sets a bmx cruiser from a strandie is the bars. Strandies have a cruiser bend style of bar...they can have crossbars, but the general shape is definitely cruiser over bmx (or MX on klunker/bombers/etc).
Good to know!

Thanks everyone! I have been riding it quite a bit. Its fun to ride around the neighborhood. It gets a lot of looks and people wanting to take it for a spin.

The quill adapter I bought seems pretty sturdy, its and extended one. I have lowered it some. Its still about 2 or 3 inches away from the max height.

I love the SE cruiser bars. I may jump up to the super big honkin cruisers and sell these.

I am already on the lookout for my next frame. Something a bit bigger. Like a more modern large frame cruiser.

Jamis BOSS Cruiser is ideal. Biggest, beefiest cruiser I’ve seen.

Thanks! I have been looking at Jamis frames. I am checking out craigslist a few times a day and Ill hit some of the used bike shops and co-ops around Portland to find something.

I'd go to 10" bar...S&M Perfect 10 or 10" Race XLT or something.

View attachment 95626
View attachment 95627

I believe these are SE Powerwings on my Monocog...9" bar.
I have some S&M 9 or 10 inch bars on my other bike. They are great. I may test them on this bike. The SE bars on it are a little wider I think. They feel pretty comfy.

There are so many awesome parts available.

I had a pretty good weekend as far as bike things go. I got my seat posts from Chad, and I found 2 bikes on offerup that I couldn't pass up.

One is a single speed/fixie that I got for my nephew to ride when he visits so he doesn't mess up on of my bikes.

The other is a Haro Buster cruiser. I love the way the worksman looks, but for a big guy its a little cramped. the Haro frame is a few inches longer giving me more room. I am thinking of swapping parts on the frames.

Cm2ivax.jpg

Cm2ivax

YAgtLTG.jpg

I had a little time today so I put the parts for the Haro on the Worksman frame, and vice versa. I really like the way its coming out. I had to order a new chain for it, so I can finish it in the next few days.

I am going to keep the Haro seat and grips. They will be great for a future project.

Last edited:
Here is the Haro.
EstIZVz.jpg

The seat post I got from Chad is amazing. Its a shame he closed shop. I ended up getting a few post from him.

The 3" Beach Bum tires are like built in shocks. Between the tires and the worksman seat this is a comfortable ride.

I want to put some BMX forks, or maybe triple trees on this, and paint the frame sometime. Maybe for next years Build off. Although compared to what many of you are doing, I'm pretty much just decorating a cake.

Latest posts

Back