Olive Oil

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unc, you got a good thing going there!

There's something about a stance of a build, you know when it works by looking at it. Personally, I like that you aren't using a raked fork that would stretch it...

But the kind of 'cramped' stance yours has with that Monark style spring in front, and the rear tire jammed up in the back, really appeals to me!

Even though I like stretched bikes, I agree.

It has a very staunch 'bobber' look to it... very cool. :thumbsup:

Glen.

We got the meats!
Picked up this 29 x 2.5 Maxxis Grifter for the rear.
Not too much extra room near the top of the seat stays.
Going to try and gain a 1/2” by some barbarian manipulation.
*Open to suggestions.

It’s probably fine ... about a 1/4”per side, currently.
49873003-EF51-45B5-A881-9AAEE3373370.jpeg

CF8222DD-45DE-476F-BD19-45C42544E7E2.jpeg

1/4" per side should be fine shouldn't it? I have run way less than that one some builds without issue, just gotta make sure your wheel is true and doesn't move.

I think I'm going to put it all together real soon and take it for a test ride and see. I was thinking some sort of chain tensioners might prevent the wheel from moving once it was all dialed in? I noticed last night that the frame was built pretty much free-hand, meaning without a jig, as the symmetry in the geometry is off a little in the rear triangle. I didn't notice it when the rear tire was 2.125"w

Class 1 seems right to me.
Cool frame and cool logo too.

Page 1 boost post! Let's see that cool build as she sits now!
Not too much to post at the moment. Doing bondo fill to smooth out the welds. Another coat of primer hopefully later today.
Tomorrow, wet sand and then should be ready for some color!
I did buy this seat on close-out from Ruff Cycles and these grips ...
Seat.png
Screen Shot 2019-05-24 at 10.35.17 AM.png

Latest posts

Back