My first custom rebuild. 2004 Schwinn occ stingray. 6/16 to present.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome colors!

Thank you. I looked to the crew at Specialty Paints in Florida. They are Kustom Canz, Snow White pearlescent, Sugar Apple pearlescent, and Purple Lust pearlescent. I’m clear coating them in Duplicolor Clear Effecx. I can’t wait to finally ride her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking good! Can't wait to see it together with that color combo. Sissy bar is sweet.

Thank you. Neither can I. Lol. The sissy bar was a donation that became a refabrication and turned into a love affair with welding and metal work. Hahaha [emoji2957][emoji869]

_pdp_sq_

Your image isn’t appearing for me, sir. [emoji15]

Very close! I built this with Heath ledgers’ Joker in mind. Her name is Jessi but I dubbed her “Why so serious?”

I get that vibe too!! :thumbsup:

Update:!!! After much fighting and a much needed extra set of strong hands I finally mounted the fender and sissybar, we are almost totally complete, if only I could find a kickstand heavy duty and long enough to accommodate this beast’s weight. Lol.
a457755e431561e723e9454d757ffc19.jpg
76610fd66b6b615bf09a1a63d93a1a55.jpg
1afcf28f0498c84dba5acc27a88a8f53.jpg
2e4ee4235e6671a2532cac476aefec1d.jpg

Very impressive work!!! You mention weight, what does it tip the scales at?

Strictly guesstimating, she has to be around 80 lbs. give or take. The fender sissy bar combo is about 15 lbs alone.
Thanks for the compliment I build this with some help from friends but the bulk was my 8 year old and me. Not too shabby though. Hehehehe. [emoji106]

Final completed project, to date, always time and room to refresh and/or tweak. Been a fantastic journey. Sorry the update took so long, total build time approximately 1 yr.
Already thinking about another build, I have a second frame in storage.

Latest posts

Back