39 BMX

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
22799978-9631-45FF-9DA5-61A3743169AE.jpeg
Tires are on

Those parts look great!

I bought three old bikes to steal parts off of for the front fork, araya rims, high flange front hub, this nexus 8
20190601_123716.jpg

and this big chrome sprocket and crank
20190613_184329.jpg

(and the Chicago tag for my non-vintage TT Schwinn build)

But you got me second guessing myself.
That chrome fork, and those blue wheels and sprocket look fantasic on that old classic!

Last edited:
Gloss sprayed on with an air gun will shine forever and really protect it. We all get hung up on rattle cans, I do it too. But my painter friend has a bare metal Monark he cleared a couple years ago and it looks like day one. The shine of the clear is also deeper than anything I could do with a spraycan.

Carl.

Sent from the edge of an alternate universe...

Chain is on. I’ve gone through and have broke a lot of chain breakers but this one works great!

It's cool, but only if you use it for home purpose. Been through a lot of breakers, and the ones made by Shimano work best for me.

Are you planning on using a blu seat :39:

Gloss sprayed on with an air gun will shine forever and really protect it. We all get hung up on rattle cans, I do it too. But my painter friend has a bare metal Monark he cleared a couple years ago and it looks like day one. The shine of the clear is also deeper than anything I could do with a spraycan.

Carl.

Sent from the edge of an alternate universe...
True. Or buy 2k clear. It's a picture aerosol can but actual automotive clear. Wear a resp for sure !

Latest posts

Back