42 Skidoo

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was quoted 25 bucks to true the wheel, but it turned out to be on the house the first time.
DSCI0069.JPG

I don't plan on crashing again, so it's a good deal. So I bought a set of BMX pads to make my bike safer. They had a set of S&M pads, same brand as my handlebars. I'll just reverse the pads and they'll match the bike. Now it's done, except for a 42 foot skid. I still need to find a way to do that without ruining my rear tire.

SM Pads.JPG

I took it out for a Father's Day ride and everything checked out fine. I consider it finished and will now just try to get in as many rides as possible. I'll also be able to catch up on all the other builds going on.

DSCI0078 - Copy.JPG

Last edited:
I took it out for a Father's Day ride and everything checked out fine. I consider it finished and will now just try to get in as many rides as possible. I'll also be able to catch up on all the other builds going on.

View attachment 97913

Extra clean. I love it

Great over all look. I don't remember what the frame paint color was, but it has a real vintage look to it with your blacked out parts and that saddle and tire combo.

Took the bare frame and forks to the best rated powder coat place on the island. Yelp comes in handy when checking a business. The candy and fancy versions were 40 bucks extra, but plain old fire engine red looked good so for about a hundred bucks it's a deal. They're going to mask off the serial numbers so they will stand out. New headset and handlebar stem ordered also.
View attachment 96312
Really good deal a place I called around me they had a minimum of $450 cheapest was 250 at another place still to much for me.

Really good deal a place I called around me they had a minimum of $450 cheapest was 250 at another place still to much for me.
I thought it would be a lot more. They also are known for correcting little things. I found a small blemish while looking at it again, but it wasn't bad enough for me to take it back for, but I could have. It'll be covered by a head badge anyway.
DSCI0087.JPG

Your builds are always clean and this one especially so. Sweet build brother. Love the Wildcat Lane.

Latest posts

Back