Help identify Bike Please

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to find any information on this possible restoration project. Head badge says Coast to Coast. I have search that term and found nothing that looks like this bike. Any ideas what the bike might be called? Thanks!
coastking-1.jpg

Coast to Coast was a Hardware chain and I believe their bikes were built by Ross. That one looks a lot like a Barracuda, I have a ratty C to C badged Apollo.

Carl.

Looks VERY close to one of these:

From the 1967 Ross catalog
20190901_230307.jpg

From the 1968 Ross catalog
20190901_225611.jpg

I am thinking the shifter in your pic looks more like the '68 catalog pic.

Also, if you do a Google image search for "coast to coast" bicycle duster or "coast to coast" bicycle eagle you will see that they are in fact rebadged Ross Apollos and Ross Barracudas. So yes, this is likely a rebadged Ross.

Last edited:
From a discussion on thecabe regarding Ross Barracudas...

...great find 10 speeds are rare .whats missing I believe I have ,this is a import ,all barracudas that where 5 speed and twin stick 10 speed where made in Japan from 67 to 71 .great bikes they came in gold ,purple and green.
https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/ross-barracuda-10-speed.127194/

...this is a thread that shows jungleterry 's collection of Ross Barracudas, which contains a few similar to your CtoC.

https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/ross-barracuda-collection.96225/

CBC/Ross didn't use 3 piece cranks, or have stepped frame joints like this. They did make some Coast to Coast bikes. The above bike is an import, made in similar style to the Ross version. -Adam

CBC/Ross didn't use 3 piece cranks, or have stepped frame joints like this. They did make some Coast to Coast bikes. The above bike is an import, made in similar style to the Ross version. -Adam
Except that the Ross Barracuda in the 68 catalog picture above does have a lugged frame and a 3 piece cottered crank... It's so similar it's even the same color... My guess is yes it's an import AND made by the same company that made the later Ross...

Carl.

Sent from the edge of an alternate universe...

Except that the Ross Barracuda in the 68 catalog picture above does have a lugged frame and a 3 piece cottered crank... It's so similar it's even the same color... My guess is yes it's an import AND made by the same company that made the later Ross...

Carl.

Sent from the edge of an alternate universe...

Bingo! I should have posted the full page pics from my reference book to begin with.

20190902_175408.jpg
20190902_175432.jpg

Latest posts

Back