Volo.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20190904_012740.jpg
20190904_235053.jpg
20190906_081119.jpg
20190906_211124.jpg
20190907_005237.jpg
20190907_110144.jpg
I've been burning the wicks at both ends this week. If I can get everything glued up today I might have a rider by the deadline.

I really can't wait to see this put together! I don't mind admitting that, at this stage, I have no idea how the items in those photos will become a bicycle!

Well I'm out. I thought I was going to be able to try to at least kick a field goal with what I had but after reviewing the glue-ups I did yesterday I found a bunch of careless mistakes that put me into a tailspin I can't recover from. I would say I'm punting but I don't even have possession of the ball right now. This proved to be way harder than I ever imagined and surprisingly trying to rush it didn't help. Sorry to disappoint you guys.

I hope you are able to keep it in the game, and maybe move it to the Other Builds for us to peek in on your playbook and review film from time to time.

Why settle for a FG when a TD is possible? The season is more than just one game. :thumbsup:

I'm very sorry to hear, that you are not able to make it in time for the deadline!
This build wood have gotten my vote for shure! Please keep us all updated on how this build continues. I wood love to see this wooden angel spreading its wings! (wood puns intended:giggle:)

Ah, that's a shame.
As people have said, please keep us up to date with the build. I was very much looking forward to seeing this finished

This is as far as I got, I really needed to be at this point in June to realistically make the deadline. I'm looking forward to the sculpting phase of this build. About 75% of the wood in this pic is going to be carved out when its done. I'm going to be advocating for an "anything goes" WBO. Or maybe even a unfinished themed WBO. I really enjoy the competition aspect to these events.
20190908_161948.jpg

Great projects like this can be encumbered by deadlines for the most part. Good thread writeup C & looking forward to the hubs & hoops when the time comes. pete:nod:

Thanks for all the encouragement. I was pretty bummed to see the doors close on my goal of getting this done in time for the build off. I won't let this become another one of my unfinished projects but I do need to put it aside for now and deal with the failing roof on my house.

Sorry to hear about your roof, but that just goes to show you how sick this build is. It blew the roof off of your place!! Get that roof fixed and then please jump back on this killer build! It's always great to see your mad scientist skills here on the forum.

Latest posts

Back