Top Fool

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I gave up on trying to turn the bars, I went with a straight sanding to give them a brushed finish. Even though I went full length with my sanding strokes, there are dark spots showing that are from the light reflecting off the scratches in low light. It looks OK in full light, hopefully when I add brake levers and grips it will distract your eye enough to be acceptable.

At least the cranks look good.

PB240753.jpg

Derailleur is done. The lower arms have been turned, the center part wouldn't shine up, but a TF sticker distracts your eye enough to not be so noticeable.

I'm missing the top pivot cover. I bet it's a 1 in a million shot of ever finding another one.

PB280772.jpg

Much better with a silver background and right side up.

PB280773.jpg

Last edited:
My pedal taps showed up last night, no more wobbly pedals for test rides!

Now I need to find some nice looking and affordable pedals. I think I want black, as I like how the gold, black, and chrome look together.

PC010784.jpg

I found a pair I like, I should have them next week.

Pedals.jpg

Last edited:
I pity the fool that don't like gold chains!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Starting on the chain guard. I laid everything out on my sign program and cut some scrap vinyl for my pattern. Then I used a pair of electric shears to cut out the basic shape. The piece of metal was about 1/4" too short, I had to weld a small piece to the small end of the guard to make it long enough.

PC030788.jpg

I'm going to make my bends before cutting out the centers. I'm hoping this will give it some rigidity and help with the cutting.

Last edited:
Nice work on the guard. It will be fun to see a full view of the bike soon. How far down the list of parts mods are you?

No rush, I'm just anxious to see it together!

Latest posts

Back