Kristmas Krate

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the fender on. I'm happy with it. Dig that fin!
View attachment 109739
View attachment 109740

I usually like to build a spare, stripped-down, purposeful bike, but I must admit I'm enjoying dressing this thing up. I can now see the light at the end of the tunnel. Just need to add vintage, jewel side reflectors, a bullet taillight and some cool valve caps.
The fender is cool it looks like the rocket man helmet

I bought two of these many months ago from Ruff, thinking I'd find a use for them. I'm gonna tuck one under the back of the seat.
20191206_171403.jpg

...."it's beginning to look a lot like Kristmas...."

Agreed ^ ! Tail light fits in there perfect, SD!

And now, for the green hued headlight lens up front.... :wink1::nod::nerd:

For those who actually have followed my build, remember the early '50s Monark that gave up the wheelset, tires, bars and fork for my Kristmas Krate? I found a brass fuel tank made to fit the ol' Monark, and built a motor bike around that tank and frame. I finished it today. Here it is, complete with Monark-style fork, front disc brake, rear V-brake, mags, tuned exhaust and CNC plates over the engine:

IMG_2023 (3).jpg

Cool ride~! It has kind of steampunk meets 20th Century look. So, are the CNC'd plates over the engine made specifically for that engine, or is it a kit that generally fits a range of these small engines? That's a really cool finishing touch, SD!

They are made just for the two-stroke generic Chinese bike motors. They even have them in colored "anodized" finishes. There's a whole world of custom and hi-po parts for these kits.

For those who actually have followed my build, remember the early '50s Monark that gave up the wheelset, tires, bars and fork for my Kristmas Krate? I found a brass fuel tank made to fit the ol' Monark, and built a motor bike around that tank and frame. I finished it today. Here it is, complete with Monark-style fork, front disc brake, rear V-brake, mags, tuned exhaust and CNC plates over the engine:

View attachment 110204

I just fell in love with that Monark :inlove:

Merry Christmas Steve!
That 'sled' turned out great!

kool-christmas.jpg

Latest posts

Back