Fork Threading Set

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Broke down and won this on Ebay . Tired of looking for forks with right steering tube length . None of shops around here have these . At $ 50 I figured it won't take but a few bikes to pay for itself and this thing is built like a tank . Can't wait to show it to my bike junk man !
fork thrdr.jpg

Last edited:
Broke down and won this on Ebay . Tired of looking for forks with right steering tube length . None of shops around here have these . At $ 50 I figured it won't take but a few bikes to pay for itself and this thing is built like a tank . Can't wait to show it to my bike junk man !
View attachment 110427

I've always wanted to get one of those too. Do you have a link?

It's important that the die shown and hopefully also the die in the holder, are adjustable so you can have control over how much they cut and resulting thread size and fit. :thumbsup:

It's important that the die shown and hopefully also the die in the holder, are adjustable so you can have control over how much they cut and resulting thread size and fit. :thumbsup:
I have never used one of these so I watched a couple short clips .
The way I understand it , the set screws on the side of the cup set how deep you cut . Thanks for the heads up .

I have never used one of these so I watched a couple short clips .
The way I understand it , the set screws on the side of the cup set how deep you cut . Thanks for the heads up .
Is there a set screw on the dies themselves? If so, that is what you should use to make the thread larger (for an initial pass). The screws on the outside of the holder are to keep the die from rotating.

Hard to explain . There is indentations on both sides of the slit
on the dies . So in theory not only do the set screws hold the die
in place but as you tighten the set screws it closes the slit more .

Hard to explain . There is indentations on both sides of the slit
on the dies . So in theory not only do the set screws hold the die
in place but as you tighten the set screws it closes the slit more .
I get it...I just don't like this type of adjustable die...
Taps_and_Dies-7.jpg

...I prefer this type (/w integrated set screw)...
g6941-66858463c432344238728f7266f9eecb.jpg

Jason

Latest posts

Back