What have you been riding lately?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally getting healed up enough from my December vacation...so, I pulled the shop bike out from it's hidey-hole, aired up the tires, and cruised over to the vending machines and back :rockout:.

IMG_20200224_220336653.jpg

Edit...did some destructive modifications to my camera... probably greatly shortened it's life, but it is taking clearer pics :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Threw together a 2008 Schwinn Debutante that i bought as a parts donor for my CWC build. Going to sell it, but there is one little detail still missing. I will post it when i buy one :)

IMG_4866.JPG

IMG_4868.JPG

It is quite a nice bike in my opinion. Lightweight alu frame, 4 gears Nexus hub, comfy geometry.

appearing locally for a few years now. I don't know the significance. Tourists have asked me if there have been any sightings but I haven't herd of any[/QUOTE

Looks like it. For some reason wood statues of Squatch have been appearing locally for a few years now. I don't know the significance. Tourists have asked me if there have been any sightings but I haven't herd of any
It's on my wish list. Slightly lower than a humuhumunukunukua'pua or Worksman INB
Kona pfjwepkfjpDFJ[ejdf[DKF[Alskd[aKSFJDFPJSDPFO[JKdo[fk]o[efk[]oefk][okf]okfpa[sofaso[kfkfmskfskfkffkpkkdp]k is what I see.

I think an hour is the perfect amount time to reflect and have some me time ?

Exactly! I put some tunes in my ears and just ‘forget about life for a while’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

62 degrees on Super-Ground-Hog-Bowl Sunday so had to take a cruise....kid was riding the "Adult" bike...:D

View attachment 113108
I love the way you have the Collegiate set up. I am a big fan of camelback frames and I will be referring back to this post for ideas...

Took this...
111353_46be211b3c7a06dcdff3adfd4dc2fc26.jpg

...on a shakedown cruise Sunday...here are my mile splits...
Screenshot_20200216-173713.png

...you can see that the first mile was blazing fast (well...for me :grin:) . Just after I hit the one mile mark, the shifter for the rear derailleur failed...no biggie, that's what a shakedown ride is for, and I still got the three front ratios :thumbsup:. Lack of gearing slowed me down in the second mile, and then I hit my first hill. I stood up on the pedals to make up for the lack of gearing...I thought my leg was feeling a little rubbery as I'm still recovering from my Yellowstone vacation in late December. Nope...it was the left side pedal coming out of the crank. Stopped and checked it out, I'd noticed it had different pedals...I figured out why. The left side evidently stripped out, so they forced in a 9/16" pedal which worked about as well as you think it would. Resulting in the last split which was mostly me walking up the hill and strider biking it back down to the house :doh:.

No beuno.

It's nice to see some of your collection. You've got some sweet rides..:thumbsup:
Thanks! I'm hoping to be able to get more of a variety out and about this year...it is a monumental task unsealing the vault (more like dungeon)...so, it is usually a LIFO (Last in, First out) situation :grin:.

Good seeing the Super- Collegiate again...your hopped up muscle bikes are way cool, but my fave of yours is this Grand Touring Collegiate :thumbsup:.

Took this...
View attachment 114095

...on a shakedown cruise Sunday...here are my mile splits...
View attachment 114096

...you can see that the first mile was blazing fast (well...for me :grin:) . Just after I hit the one mile mark, the shifter for the rear derailleur failed...no biggie, that's what a shakedown ride is for, and I still got the three front ratios :thumbsup:. Lack of gearing slowed me down in the second mile, and then I hit my first hill. I stood up on the pedals to make up for the lack of gearing...I thought my leg was feeling a little rubbery as I'm still recovering from my Yellowstone vacation in late December. Nope...it was the left side pedal coming out of the crank. Stopped and checked it out, I'd noticed it had different pedals...I figured out why. The left side evidently stripped out, so they forced in a 9/16" pedal which worked about as well as you think it would. Resulting in the last split which was mostly me walking up the hill and strider biking it back down to the house :doh:.

No beuno.
BATMAN

took the Surly Wednesday to my first snow ride this past Saturday - a race actually. The Springside Slammer in Pittsfield, MA. Holy heck it was tough. I've been racing since the 80s and this one goes down as one of the tougher ones. FWIW, other than cyclocross, I'm predominantly a roadie.

Attachments

• Springside Slammer 2020.JPG
    Springside Slammer 2020.JPG
    283.3 KB · Views: 106

Latest posts

Back