Unofficial March Shootout II

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found a crusty headlight that my front fender was actually pre-drilled for, it was found under an old house along with my chain guard.
mK4lMC3.jpg

The bearings and cups from my parts bike look usable.
https://imgur.com/jD5aWqr
ROZEhsU.jpg

also found a pre cut and shortened fender set that might make a rear fender combined and has better patina
ab0hxCO.jpg

Meanwhile at my walmart
5V8isRJ.jpg
Walmart sold out of bike parts and accessories?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Walmart sold out of bike parts and accessories?

No, just beans, rice, soap and toilet paper. Interesting to go to the store just to see what's going on. Maybe this'll cause people to panic buy bicycles and I might actually be able to sell the junk ones I have on craigslist.:soapbox:

No, just beans, rice, soap and toilet paper. Interesting to go to the store just to see what's going on. Maybe this'll cause people to panic buy bicycles and I might actually be able to sell the junk ones I have on craigslist.:soapbox:
We're going out to do some shopping today. Hopefully we will find what we need.

Corona is actually doing quite badly right now. I don't think spring break is going to be the boom it usually is for them this year either. If it didn't taste so awful, I'd be a little concerned for them.
IF YOU NEED TO PUT A LIME IN YOUR BEER FOR IT TO TASTE GOOD, IT ISN'T GOOD BEER!

Anybody else building bikes here? Today, I cut a wedge out of my seat stays. Straightened them out to roughly continue the line with my top tube and rewelded them in the new position. I also cut the chain stays and added bent sections of fork tube in the gaps created by straightening the seat stays. The stance is much better. But I'm still a bit long legged for this frame, much like my last build, Mean Streak.
ebd7f34cd754fa2aa054d4c0d6e65c7c.jpg
e1fdb36ff0e8bd1334e629d853664a3d.jpg
2329e2708e1d59c02322b33892e92b6e.jpg
4d3d8f6f53f0a7f9ab02ea698303af08.jpg
d96288cf5a153d51721cae27c709ea49.jpg

Sent from across the universe using Tapatalk

No work on Know when to Fold'em since Thursday. Amazon vender has my tires coming tomorrow via FedEx. New tracking number shows them in Durham NC today.

If y'all want, I can post some gratuitous baby pictures to fill up space! :)

The only chain ring I could dig up with a 130 BCD has 48T it might be a bit tall for the SA 3 speed I'll be using . But it's start ?
View attachment 115279
I like the idea of tall gears... but you could always change the cog on the hub to add a couple teeth. I have and it works wonders to even things out.

Carl.

No work on Know when to Fold'em since Thursday. Amazon vender has my tires coming tomorrow via FedEx. New tracking number shows them in Durham NC today.

If y'all want, I can post some gratuitous baby pictures to fill up space! :)

Tykes on bikes pictures are a lot more appealing then tires . It might give them something to look back upon ?
baby-on-bike.jpg

I like the idea of tall gears... but you could always change the cog on the hub to add a couple teeth. I have and it works wonders to even things out.

Carl.
And I like this idea Carl . I have a 21T existing , do you think a 24T would work for a heavy bike with fat tires for riding in lose sand ? Sure is alot cheaper then a new chain ring .

And I like this idea Carl . I have a 21T existing , do you think a 24T would work for a heavy bike with fat tires for riding in lose sand ? Sure is alot cheaper then a new chain ring .

That’s pretty tall, I couldn’t push that in sand. For my 74 year old legs I would have to run 32 x 22 for sand. If you have strong legs a good place to start would be 2 to 1, like 32 x 16. For my single speed I’m building for this unofficial build off I used 42 x 23. I can’t climb any long hills with this, I’ll need to do a lot of gravel pushing. It needs to be lower but I used what I had. I have only ridden this bike once as it has been icy and starting today we are having snow for 8 out the next 10 days. Any further testing is in the future.

Tykes on bikes pictures are a lot more appealing then tires . It might give them something to look back upon ?
baby-on-bike.jpg
No baby on a bike pictures, his mama would freak out! Those will come later. :)
49132fd24a32d8596f0a3f91ee1941df.jpg

Youngest son is watching out for me. He texted me last night he had found a bike someone left by the trash where he works and wanted to know if I wanted some more bike parts! Kind of curious to see what he has!
38453a4355334330ebd7a527130d16bd.jpg

Sweet little thing . Maybe they will let you put a wall hanger in the nursery . You gotta start them young these days . And I would be all over the parts bike .
Hmmmm... I still have another 16" bike around that might work for wall art. Gotta think about that.

That’s pretty tall, I couldn’t push that in sand. For my 74 year old legs I would have to run 32 x 22 for sand. If you have strong legs a good place to start would be 2 to 1, like 32 x 16. For my single speed I’m building for this unofficial build off I used 42 x 23. I can’t climb any long hills with this, I’ll need to do a lot of gravel pushing. It needs to be lower but I used what I had. I have only ridden this bike once as it has been icy and starting today we are having snow for 8 out the next 10 days. Any further testing is in the future.
I went ahead and ordered a MoJo 36T chainring ? Will see how that works , Only time I see using a plus size tire bike is when I'm bored sitting on the beach with my wife , so I will probably flip it . It would be a quick sale around here .

Latest posts

Back