BO15 RaTs GaSs...Great year all!...pg 26

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good OJ. Do you plan to paint it?

With all that shine, the back rim is starting to look really bland.
Still in the design stage. There will be black and red hues in the rear of the bike, so I think it will work out fine. I'll know more once the frame is painted.

Awesome work OddJob, love the "perspective" thing, I recognize that.
Are you going to put letters on the back tire aswel? Example:
https://pin.it/7kH6WUp
The "rusting stainless steel" thing is something I see every day in my line of work (naval/offshore stuff). If the stainless steel is contaminated by steel it starts to get brown easily. Sometimes it even rusts without steel :rockout: 304 can't stand light sour stuff: like blood and pee :thumbsup:
I'll stop contaminating this thread now.

Can't wait for more rats gass!

Awesome work OddJob, love the "perspective" thing, I recognize that.
Are you going to put letters on the back tire aswel? Example:
https://pin.it/7kH6WUp

I had contemplated doing that with an oversized stencil.

Man, my build is going to wind up being a "tribute" to all sorts of other builders :21:

Psycho, some winter let's host a 'Rat Model Build-Off' with your above ^ parameters as a guideline. Parts from various kits, and scratch built parts added in! I could really get into this big time! And have it be a Weird RaT focus.
I know this was all the way back on page two, but I'd be in on a Rat Model build off, as long as it's fairly anything goes with regards to how you build it. Might be a scratch build for me.

I know this was all the way back on page two, but I'd be in on a Rat Model build off, as long as it's fairly anything goes with regards to how you build it. Might be a scratch build for me.
Sweet! Yeah, I think we would probably do it in the Fall right after the RRB build off is over. I'll keep you posted.

Cool door panel! That reminds me of @MazdaFlyer 's door back in BO8.

1590512755184.png

RaTs GaSs build Day 26

Cleaning up the frame and bits, getting ready for paint!
The residue left behind from a manufacturer's sticker set can be a real pain in the gass. I have tried a few products in the pursuit of this task.
Quick quiz: of the three products below, which one smells the best, which one tastes the best, and which one works the best?
20200526_154207.jpg

And the answer is : peanut butter.

The Citrus cleaner worked too, but took much longer and is way harsher on your skin. And DOES NOT taste like oranges!

Lacquer thinner for sticker removal.

Try to imagine the front fender without its rear part. Only the front part from the fork to the end of the fender. Like an enduro motorbike.

Just catching up in Class one builds.

My thoughts the front guard is a bit long in the back too. Maybe about 1/4 off it would help.

Love the details OJ. Keen to see some paint.

Just catching up in Class one builds.

My thoughts the front guard is a bit long in the back too. Maybe about 1/4 off it would help.

Love the details OJ. Keen to see some paint.

Thanks HfnPf ! So if I cut off 1/4 of the front guard / fender , I would lose the cool curl on the end if I cut the tail, and the front is already fit for the fork and add ons. I get what you mean about the size. I have one more idea I will try 'post paint' before final assembly. And yes, I am keen to see some paint as well! Here's our forecast for Friday, May 29 :
rats gass painting weather.jpg

That Friday / Saturday window is going to be perfect! And low humidity! YahOOOooo!

Latest posts

Back