What pic on google images first sucked you in to RRB?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
For me it was this one.
IMG_0836.JPG

I can't remember who built it or find the thread.

But at the time the only 'custom' bikes I was vaguely aware of was low riders and maybe muscle bikes from old tv shows, but I didn't even know they had a name.

I was looking into putting apes on my mountain bike because I thought it would be funny, when this thing popped into my search and was nothing like anything I'd ever seen before. The car speedo, the wheelie bar, a PARACHUTE?? you can put those things on a bike? after that it was all over for me.

I still went and put apes on my mountain bike...

Last edited:
For me it was this one.
View attachment 142693
I can't remember who built it or find the thread.

But at the time the only 'custom' bikes I was vaguely aware of was low riders and maybe muscle bikes from old tv shows, but I didn't even know they had a name.

I was looking into putting apes on my mountain bike because I thought it would be funny, when this thing popped into my search and was nothing like anything I'd ever seen before. The car speedo, the wheelie bar, a PARACHUTE?? you can put those things on a bike? after that it was all over for me.

I still went and put apes on my mountain bike...
That was Peatbog. I think he was banned and it removed his posts from the old forum

It started with the strandie thread at BMX Museum. I made up my mind to build one. I started rounding up a bike and parts. While I was trying to decide on colors and build particulars using Google image search, I ran across Rat Rods straight bar build. That bike ticked all the boxes for me. The build off happened to be kicking off at the same time. So, as I was building the bike anyways I joined up and entered. Rat Rods bike was a heavy influence in my build.

schwinn_straightbar001-copy1.jpg

I got here via that thread too, and the bmx build off has pulled me back into it. I don't remember any specific bike that drew me here, but when I got here and looked around a bit, I found the @GuitarlCarl build called AlienFire. Literally flipped my thinking on custom bikes. He's redoing it this year, should be epic
31521_85abae06519db3d03f478e7234f73861.jpeg

Attachments

• CRW_8026.jpg
    CRW_8026.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 82
I remember when I first discovered RRB as a lurker, Devilwing popped up alot.

1603843480546.png

Last edited:
Only a couple of blocks from my house. One of my go to photo spots. You can probably find just about every one of my bikes with a pic on that wall.
You'll have to show me one of these days

Latest posts

Back