Free dirt free water bottle

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The middle of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have five real water bottles with a dirt guard but they are hard to find. Here is one and you never get a mouthful of E Coli sand when you are riding dirt.
image.jpg

You can use an almond milk jug and get sand free drinking. You have to stop, unless you want water on your face.
image.jpg
image.jpg

My wife got one of these contigo bottles a few years ago. When we saw them in store available again we bought a couple more.

I don't really ride in the dirt these days, but anything you drop on a Chicago street is going to come back coated in something you won't want to drink.

Dirt free!
20201124_103907.jpg

You can just about manage to drink from it while riding too.

Fashion accessory!
20201124_103926.jpg

My wife got one of these contigo bottles a few years ago. When we saw them in store available again we bought a couple more.

I don't really ride in the dirt these days, but anything you drop on a Chicago street is going to come back coated in something you won't want to drink.

Dirt free!
View attachment 144693

Fashion accessory!
View attachment 144695
I prefer two handed drinking

i like the crunchies that come along with my hydration when riding the cinder rail trails around here.

Dirt free!
View attachment 144693

Fashion accessory!
View attachment 144695
I have never seen these, perhaps we don’t have that product here. Not much exotic stuff available here in the land that time forgot. Three years ago neither grocery store had crisped rice cereal for a year or more. Now you can buy Rice krispies here, most of the time. The almond milk jug I showed was left at our cabin by a visitor, not sure if it’s available locally in that package.

Come to Canada, we have reusable water bottle access and clean, unchewed air! Plus more snow than you can shake a hockey stick at
Last year at this time we already had five feet of snow. It’s been above freezing almost every day with just below freezing at night. A few minor days of snow that have mostly melted off is all we have so far. Our lake has been consistently half covered with slush ice for ten days. Last night and today we got a dusting, temps below freezing but the winds have been gusting to almost seventy KMH so the thin partial ice has been churned and pulverized by the waves. We are ice free on the lake, even though it’s below freezing. It’s been unseasonably warm here.

Yeah we're not typical this year either. Cold came early, brought snow, and then left. We're just slush and mud right now. It's gross, I'd rather full blown winter than this in-between. I can't do anything with it

Here in Florida we have to dig out our winter coats , its going to drop down to 54 tonight .
We wear shorts when it heats up to 54, really. We have had several recent summers for the last five years where it was mid sixties all summer. I love that, you can bike ride all day and not sweat or be bothered by heat when riding. Three September’s ago it got to 90 for one day. There was a bike race that day and everyone had problems with the heat. The joke was that next year it was going to snow, but it didn’t. Some kids here wear shorts to school all winter. Negligent mom.

Latest posts

Back