Alchemist Custom Bicycles Gallery

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Hardley Davison:
IMG_8466.JPG

IMG_8465.JPG

IMG_8467.JPG

This is my attempt to make something a little more refined. I made this industrial lamp out of upcycled pieces. You can open the clam shell to get as much light as is desired. Materials include: old work drop light, unknown piece of machinery, a few old European coins drilled out as washers, a bit of antique brass lamp chain, and hardware from a Schwinn exercise bike. Dimensions 17"x10"x4"
IMG_0441.JPG
IMG_0443.JPG
IMG_0444.JPG
IMG_0445.JPG
IMG_0447.JPG
IMG_0448.JPG
IMG_0452.JPG

The steel ball cap is something I ain’t never seen. Very cool. Does it have a liner of any kind?
I glued in some felt as a liner. Here's a new one I made, with a nod to the trucker's cap.
Alcrafts (345).JPG
Alcrafts (346).JPG
Alcrafts (347).JPG

I would love to have a 32" wheeled bike. One extra set of wheels with studs so I could do winter rides in the state of Misery. AS short as I am it would have to be an extended frame to get the standover low enough to ride without a ladder along. It would look so exotic as such. But I'm thinking with the weight it would need to be designed as an electric with bottom bracket drive, 72 volt driven CYC probably. It would add another $1200 to the bike for electric assist. I wouldn't need my current stack of bikes. Maybe a grocery trailer that is proportional to the rest of the bike. And as long as I'm dreaming about un-OB-tanium it could be made of TI-tanium! Just wondered if anyone would bite and say, "I'll build that for you Your Shortness!" I am such a dufus! Be Well, SS.

Last edited:
I would love to have a 32" wheeled bike. One extra set of wheels with studs so I could do winter rides in the state of Misery. AS short as I am it would have to be an extended frame to get the standover low enough to ride without a ladder along. It would look so exotic as such. But I'm thinking with the weight it would need to be designed as an electric with bottom bracket drive, 72 volt driven CYC probably. It would add another $1200 to the bike for electric assist. I wouldn't need my current stack of bikes. Maybe a grocery trailer that is proportional to the rest of the bike. And as long as I'm dreaming about un-OB-tanium it could be made of TI-tanium! Just wondered if anyone would bite and say, "I'll build that for you Your Shortness!" I am such a dufus! Be Well, SS.

I have built a 36" bike that stays low for anyone to ride, such as you describe.
Lee McNeese Pic.jpg

Alchemist I have been amazed and envious of your talents. Would you be insulted if I bought one of your creations and electrifed it, installing a belt drive with the electric assist? I would hope you wouldn't mind. We would have to collaborate on a trailer in a style to complement the bike. And maybe a moderate front or rear rack that could haul small amounts of groceries like a gallon of milk or other. It would have to suit you as well as me. I appreciate your ability to create a design in your mind then produce it. Be Well, SS.

D_S the CYC drive unit can be incorporated to go behind and above the actual bottom bracket so it gives the early motorcycle vibes. But I would want only an assist not a throttle. Maybe I am silly. What are your thoughts about this? Shouldn't I start another thread here? This is probably considered OT? Sort of. I will PM you or if it is OK, we could do designing right on the forum. I know I would enjoy being able to see someone design their new bike with the builder. Kind of being in on the whole thing, maybe living vicariously. I would greatly enjoy that as well. Be Well, SS.

Last edited:
I got the opportunity to buy back a gender-bent stretched CWC frame I altered five or six years ago, and thought that until I know what to do with it, I'd throw some random vintage parts I had on it.
IMG_0706.JPG

IMG_0708.JPG

IMG_0709.JPG

IMG_0710.JPG

IMG_0711.JPG

Latest posts

Back