Urban Lady Bomber

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there!
Bought an ugly crappy citybike like this for 10E. But the frame has possibilities.
The frame is aluminium, but the whole bike seems to be build with a complete lack of interest in the end result,
for example, the crankset weighed more than the frame itself, no kidding.
Why design an alu frame and build it up with heavy metal parts?
So i am gonna turn this into an urban assault machine,
a mix between cruiser, citybike, bmx and atb/mtb.
Z.jpg

First mock-up:
IMG_20210104_181356.jpg

Looks better already!

Pretty cool frame, that's for sure! Never seen the mixte design applied to a cruiser and with curves. Was that a drum brake up front?

¨Never seen the mixte design applied to a cruiser and with curves.¨
This might be the first one..:happy:
It came with a 28inch steel rim shimano nexus3 wheelset with drum brakes rear and front.
Rather heavy stuff.

Amazing transformation Starnger, did you lower the top-tube?
Been a while since my last post, here are some progress pics, still in mock up phase.
Added fenders, chainguard, crankset, aluminium rack connected with the old rack,s bracket, fork headset and bmx bars.
IMG_20210110_154804.jpg

The rear fender is made from a front fender with an mtb clip-on rear fender bolted on:
IMG_20210110_144744.jpg

Been busy mostly making alu brackets:
IMG_20210110_144748.jpg

IMG_20210110_144757.jpg

IMG_20210110_144752.jpg

IMG_20210110_144728.jpg

I am gonna strip the paint for a polished alu look and put on a nexus3 wheelset with new tires and another saddle of course. These are just for the mock-up,
but i have all the parts in place and can now concentrate on the finished look.
Cheers!
(sorry for the crappy pics)

Amazing transformation Starnger, did you lower the top-tube?
Been a while since my last post, here are some progress pics, still in mock up phase.
Added fenders, chainguard, crankset, aluminium rack connected with the old rack,s bracket, fork headset and bmx bars.
View attachment 148570
The rear fender is made from a front fender with an mtb clip-on rear fender bolted on:
View attachment 148571
Been busy mostly making alu brackets:View attachment 148572
View attachment 148573
View attachment 148575
View attachment 148576
I am gonna strip the paint for a polished alu look and put on a nexus3 wheelset with new tires and another saddle of course. These are just for the mock-up,
but i have all the parts in place and can now concentrate on the finished look.
Cheers!
(sorry for the crappy pics)
I didn't change the frame geometry, it is just that i couldn't find the photos of the bike before modifications and showed a picture of same model bike from the internet. So the one online is bigger frame size, but apart from that is same as what i started with. The only frame mod i have performed is cutting off the cable guides, since it was intended for a single speed use by a new owner. Apart from that i had to cut some stainless steel plates to make and adapter for the rear brake, since the bridge between the seat stays was higher then needed for the brakes to work. As you see it was used for a lock on the original bike.

I love how this stem looks on your bike! Heading a nice direction!

Latest posts

Back