Off on another tangent.... BSA custom long lean Path Racer "The Archduke" that turns into an Art Deco Roadster!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Small update.... I am still 250 miles away from the workshop as I have been since late last year, but last night for some reason a thought occurred to me from nowhere while I was in bed trying to go to sleep.... the reason I have not been able to design lugs for this frame that look "right" is that the bike should NOT HAVE ANY! Simple thing but took me months to work out. Art Deco.... streamline, simple geometric shapes.... the clean lines of a welded frame are what I need. Less IS in fact more. I can use colour and frame lining if I need any more decoration...

I am also thinking about a design for a couple of Art Deco display stands for the wheels of the bike, yet another thing to design and make. :)

Makes sense, no lugs.
1612189824628.png

If anyone has some cool Art Deco ideas for display wheel stands that compliment the bikes design please post your ideas.... :)
I am thinking of fabricating two that look old and look like they could have been "cast" like period and antique stands....

If anyone has some cool Art Deco ideas for display wheel stands that compliment the bikes design please post your ideas.... :)
I am thinking of fabricating two that look old and look like they could have been "cast" like period and antique stands....
Dogs
Screenshot_20210201-141656_Google.jpg

Dogs are a bit too Art Nouveau for the bikes Art Deco style..... :)

These are REALLY basic but I like the building theme.....
art -l1600.jpg

This is also cool.....
art s-l1600.jpg

I am thinking about materials that would look 1920's and Art Deco....... contrasting woods, cast bronze, marble, glass, alabaster..... some combination of couple of those.....

ummmmmmmm...... do I want little wheels on the stands?????

I have been staring at that picture for a while....... thinking about a display stand.... current thought is a single front wheel stand, where the tyre is just touching the ground. I am thinking of making it from rods like the handle bars..... low at the back high at the front.... almost like the centre of the frame in reverse,...... as seen from the front it would be steping down like a building.... either side of the wheel... going down and wider to be stable. No wheels.
P1080543.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back