Rat Rod Blades Challenge 2021 - Build thread

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rabbit poo, balsam pitch and powered charcoal for the Indian glue.
image.jpg

You know it's funny. Five hundred years ago there your average rat rodder probably exactly what kind of poop to use for which adhesive job. :39:

Hm, it might work a little better if you could get a first-dropped rabbit pellet. Because rabbits have inefficient digestive systems, they eat the initial results of their recent meal to extract more nutrients the second time around. Once it comes out again, they leave it. How to tell, I don't know. On second thought, maybe stick with the large ruminants.

I’m soaking a dog treat rawhide to get it soft enough to cut into binding strips.View attachment 152059
The dog treat has finally gotten soft and is ready to be cut in binding strips. Your supposed to chew it as saliva makes a chemical reaction that makes the hide more sticky but who knows how the hide was processed. I’m not chewing it. Rabbit poo is ok but you gotta draw the the line somewhere.
image.jpg

The dog treat has finally gotten soft and is ready to be cut in binding strips. Your supposed to chew it as saliva makes a chemical reaction that makes the hide more sticky but who knows how the hide was processed. I’m not chewing it. Rabbit poo is ok but you gotta draw the the line somewhere.View attachment 152143
Could you simulate a teeth chewing using a vise grips on the rawhide? Might be worth a try. For those of us who have successfully won a tug of war pulling one of those away from our dog, we can testify to that stickiness that results from mastication. :wondering::hi:

I’m soaking a dog treat rawhide to get it soft enough to cut into binding strips.View attachment 152059
The dog treat has finally gotten soft and is ready to be cut in binding strips. Your supposed to chew it as saliva makes a chemical reaction that makes the hide more sticky but who knows how the hide was processed. I’m not chewing it. Rabbit poo is ok but you gotta draw the the line somewhere. My wife doesn’t care for me using her fine culinary rasp thingy to pulverize poop and charcoal so I took a tuna can and pounded a nail through the top to make a grater. Worked great.
image.jpg

Last edited:
Could you simulate a teeth chewing using a vise grips on the rawhide? Might be worth a try. For those of us who have successfully won a tug of war pulling one of those away from our dog, we can testify to that stickiness that results from mastication. :wondering::hi:
Good idea, I’ll spit on it and work it in with players. Your a genius.

Your supposed to chew it....
Are you reading directions somewhere? This is the second time I have had this question. I think the first time was after something like “ your supposed to use deer poop...”
Where are you getting these “supposed to’s”??

Your supposed to chew it....
Are you reading directions somewhere? This is the second time I have had this question. I think the first time was after something like “ your supposed to use deer poop...”
Where are you getting these “supposed to’s”??
The net and from a symposium I went to years ago.

Latest posts

Back