Bell..Formerly The most 'corrupt little city in the USA'...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sammymann

RRB Supporter
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's where I live and ride my bicycles. Bell, California 90201. My dogs bicycle. Born in the middle of the last century. Positively overwhelmed by the fact I am still roaming the earth.. Mostly on a bicycle!
gtPalomar.JPG

Wow! I didn't think anyone actually lived in Bell. For those who don't know what sammymann is referring to, a few years ago there was a city council made up of some of the nastiest people you'd every hope to hit in your car, who fleeced the people of Bell, population 30,000, for Tens of millions of dollars. They got what they deserved in the end. Welcome!!!

Wow! I didn't think anyone actually lived in Bell. For those who don't know what sammymann is referring to, a few years ago there was a city council made up of some of the nastiest people you'd every hope to hit in your car, who fleeced the people of Bell, population 30,000, for Tens of millions of dollars. They got what they deserved in the end. Welcome!!!
Yes people are living in Bell, CA 90201. Not Bell Gardens. Not Bellflower: Bell It is a very interesting city in many ways. Yes corruption at most levels of our city government is what LAGreg was referring to. Around the 3rd quarter of 2010 the feds and some local law enforcement arrested our (ex) city manager his assistant. The (ex)mayor and most of the city council. In 2005 before I moved to Bell a measure had been put on a ballot to make Bell a charter city. Under 400 people actually voted on this measure. Passing it 330 something to 50 something. Gave a lot of power to city officials. Long story longer..City manager had a pension plan that would have given him close to a million a year. I'd go on but you all get the point. I'm still amazed that Bell remains a charter city considering how it became one. As the adage states. It's all fun and games till you get caught fu..... the citizenry.... I believe Robert Rizzo the city manager is still in prison. Nice city for riding a bicycle though.

I read up on it... what a train wreck that was, multi-faceted and spread through multiple levels and departments. Even possibly ripping off Breast Cancer Awareness fund raisers.

The ringleader got twelve years, so if he's not out...he's close to it :confused:.

Latest posts

Back