FrEaK BiKeS!!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not mine.
20200710_141106_resized.jpg

I built this weird thing out of Modern and vintage spare road bike and MTB parts. Still sitting in my basement as a WIP. Carbon fork, vintage steel fenders, chineseum rear SS/fixed wheel, front is a Funtec or something hub and Alexrim DA22, vintage rocket chainring, Shimano 600 cranks and other random bits.

Fork is off another bike, frame is steel...but the white colors just matched so well.
p5pb15607555.jpg

I did a ride with the local Freak Bike chapter a few years back in Scottsdale,AZ. We did the Indian Bend bike path. I had a tricked out cruiser but I had nothin compared to those Freak Bike guys. Tons of fun.

That ‘design’ is just asking for an endo. I pray Darwinism comes into play.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Or at least a very "Back To The Future" type collision with the tail end of a manure truck

I think some of these last few bikes really aren't FREAK BIKES per se. As mixed heritage as they are doesn't make them a freak bike. I believe that moniker is reserved for Tall bikes, burritos and other mongrels that use frames in a way not originally meant and that it takes a welder to fabricate. This "Small Tall" is a freak bike (not mine)
smalltail#2.jpg

If you look for Freak Bikes in a search you don't come up with many Road Bikes. Freak Bikes forums on Facebook don't highlight Road Bikes as freaky as they may be... But it is a genre that is hard to pin down, almost as hard as qualifying a Rat. There may well be a type of Road Bike I am unaware of that are distinctly called freak bikes...
That said, I believe my builds Harlequin T, Sketchy and both versions of ALiEN FiRE all qualify but none of the other crazy builds I've done here do, as they lean towards being heavyweight cruisers re-imagined as speedsters.
KIMG0685.JPG
Sketchy!.jpg
AF8.JPEG
AF V2,1.jpg

But then again it's just an opinion...

Carl.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back