Pepto-Bismol anyone?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Huffy Savannah "comfort touring" bike. Ten speeds and all the pink that you can handle. Gonna fix it up for my wife. Maybe I'll attach a bottle holder and add a bottle of P-B.

When my daughter was 5 years old, we added a bedroom for her and I told her she could pick out the paint. Yup, it ended up Pepto-Bismol pink. When she was 12, she asked me why I ever let her do that.

huffypink1.jpg
pepto.jpg

Looks like Barney is closer to a purple; nearest Pantone match is 241C. Nearest match for Pepto-Bismol pink is Pantone 18-2120. This pink is also known as Baker-Miller pink, which was observed by the psychologist Alexander Schauss to produce a calming effect (reduced heart rate and respiration) and reduce violent and aggressive behavior. Experiments were conducted at a Naval correctional facility in Seattle, where rooms were painted with this color. Other researchers have questioned Schauss' findings.

So here's an experiment we can conduct on this forum: look at bikes of various colors and see how they effect your heart rate.

haha, this is funny. I have a 5 yr old daughter now, and we avoided the pink walls thing by painting them white and letting her pick any temp decals she wanted. She chose a gigantic rainbow sticker. Seriously, it's like 10' long. Fun.

The college where I work, the campus director had all the halls and classrooms painted a light pink because some report he had read said it was more conducive to learning and it was supposed to have a calming affect. Pissed everyone off and 3 years later they hired a painting company to come in and paint everything off white !!

Latest posts

Back