That 70's chopper

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fv2

Reaction score
I won't start on this til mid June, but decided to start a thread.
So far all I have is the fork and a 24x3 rim, the fork may change...maybe.
The frame I'll build myself, just have to finish a couple other projects and take a vacation first.
That said, here's what I have.
20210501_160133.jpg

Love those indian style springer forks and like the idea of it being used on a 70s chopper.
This will be fun!

Welcome back my beer-named thespian! That looks like an inspiring start to a cool build.

RaT oN~!

I won't start on this til mid June, but decided to start a thread.
So far all I have is the fork and a 24x3 rim, the fork may change...maybe.
The frame I'll build myself, just have to finish a couple other projects and take a vacation first.
That said, here's what I have.View attachment 155867
And a goodly supply of bubble wrap to aid you with those difficult decisions, I like your forward thinking...

That Mini-Caravan is amazing! Do you document your build somewhere? (like instructables or so?)
I started it in a Facebook group called diy teardrop campers community, but my account got hacked and I got banned from Facebook for 3 or 4 months.
I ended up using my wife's account, but a lot of the early pics are missing and I don't keep stuff like that on my phone.

The caravan is based on a French design called the carapate Caravelle i think, I saw it on YouTube a couple years ago.

I started it in a Facebook group called diy teardrop campers community, but my account got hacked and I got banned from Facebook for 3 or 4 months.
I ended up using my wife's account, but a lot of the early pics are missing and I don't keep stuff like that on my phone.

The caravan is based on a French design called the carapate Caravelle i think, I saw it on YouTube a couple years ago.
Thanks, I'll look up that design.

I built mine on the frame of a roached out pop up.
This rabbit hole you sent me down made me think about doing something around these lines on the base of my 1975 trailer in the style of a pickup bed camper... (if I ever sell my 1977 Tabbert caravan....)

This rabbit hole you sent me down made me think about doing something around these lines on the base of my 1975 trailer in the style of a pickup bed camper... (if I ever sell my 1977 Tabbert caravan....)
I've seen some cool truck bed campers.
Between that Facebook group and YouTube there's a lot of cool ideas.

Latest posts

Back