Custom Decal Maker Wanted!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Why am I having so much trouble finding someone to make me some decals? I've had offers to make Vector files for making decals, but not the decals themselves. I posted over on the Schwinn forum looking for decals but that was a mistake. I was deleted...I guess because of copyright concerns...:roll:...and I didn't even want a "Schwinn" decal. We have a sticky for seat recovering and etc., why can't we get someone listed on here that can make decals up for people? I've looked on the internet and the decal businesses I found wanted to make me 1000 decals but weren't interested in making me up just two. Any help would be appreciated. B607

What are you looking to do. Do you just want some vinyl stencils. If there are more then one color you can have them made so you paint one color let dry mask that area then peel next to be painted and so on. Check your phone book for sign shop or some place that does stencils.

Our place is under strict spending,using and making of our own stuff. Otherwise I could make the layered vinyl stencil for you at little cost.

I posted a topic about hand made ones. Don't know if it will help but good luck.
http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewto ... 381#p87381

It would be cool to be able to make those temporary tattos like the kids use. I put some of those on a bike. But that needs a light colored background.

I have a another way that uses paint medium and color laser copies but I have never tried on a bike. Could turn out slightly bumpy. I might play with that.

I don't know about where you live but the mall near me has kiosks all over. One of them makes custom decals on the spot. Not cheap and the colors are limited.If they don't have the right colors I was told they would send it to there main shop,it would be a 3 day turnaround.The cost was 15.00 :wink:
It might be worth checking, it seems to be very popular.

Contact this forum member....he makes custom decals.

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=3462

Here's the Predator repops he makes...they are awesome.

IMG_3293.jpg

Thanks for the leads guys. RatRod, are those waterslide decals you posted? They look pretty good. The decals I am wanting are for my "Speedway" Schwinn built bike. Here is a pic of the original decal that was on the lower tube.
lipski5.jpg

I'm wanting two of these to put on the tank. I prefer waterslide but at this point I think I'd settle for vinyl. B607

If you have a good picture, Any good printing or sign making shop can make them, I have decals made all the time for my old Gas Pumps, for a 12" decal I usually pay around $18.00

I design my own decals then have a sign shop print/cut them out. kinda pricey but worth it. This last set i did cost $35.00 which is the shops minimum charge for any job. i got several sets for mone than one bike here are some pics of previous bikes:
100_0647.jpg

PICT0288.jpg

Let me know if you ar interested. all i need is a good picture of what you want and i can design it.

I do vinyl decals and paint masks. Mostly just do stuff for myself and friends. Not enough to justify the $3500 in equipment, software, and vinyl. Well, at least not enough for my wife to feel it was worth it. :eek:

Rat Rod said:
Contact this forum member....he makes custom decals.
Here's the Predator repops he makes...they are awesome.

R R, I contacted Louis and he is looking at the samples I sent. Hopefully he'll be able to take care of me. Thanks again.

RawBert, thanks for the offer. I'll keep you in mind if Louis can't help me. B607

Latest posts

Back