What's your favorite Stingray model?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's your favorite Schwinn Stingray type bike? (Fastback, Krate, Scrambler, BFK, Manta Ray, Slik Chik, etc.).

For me, I have to go with the 1968 Lemon Peeler. However, I love the 1975 Schwinn Scramblers since they are pretty much the first BMX bikes. Tough call though really, all of the Stingray type bikes are really nice. Oh by the way, something cool happened to me in school today. I'm in an advanced design class, I was looking through old magazines to cut and paste images and make a collage out of it. I seen an Oreo ad with a vintage green Schwinn Stingray Fastback in the background; stik shift and all... so I ripped it out and kept it. :mrgreen:

Sorry, I got a little bit distracted. What's your favorite Stingray model?

I gotta say '63-65 Stingrays are my favorite, can't afford them but I love them. My second choice would be the custom Krates, it's cool to see what ideas people come up with.

I kind of dislike Stingrays, they seem to bring out the worst in people. That being said, the 73 Orange Disc Krate is a pretty great bike, as is the disc Manta Ray in orange. After that, I dig the early 80's Stingray 2's in the McDonaldsy Red and Yellow and John Deere esque Green and Yellow. I tend to like "ugly" bikes though. :)

favorite - coppertone fastback 5 speed stik shift :D

second favorite - blue reverse screen deluxe stingrays :) (preferably with a kickback :mrgreen: )

Pictures are worth a 1000 words.
003-15.jpg

004-15.jpg

005-14.jpg

006-13.jpg

i really dig and want a run-a-bout.

i mite be able to afford or build a rat clone one day.
the idea w/ my last build was a run-a-bout, but freebies came my way, so plans changed.

if a run-a-bout isnt truely a stingray please dont give me grief.

I think my favorite Stingray would be an Orange Krate followed closly by a Cotton Picker and Grey Ghost...

The "never made/prototype" BlueBerry Picker and Grape Krate are high on the list too!

Im in the prosess of building 2 Grape Krate clones out of Bratz bikes...one more radical/extreem than the other. :mrgreen:

^^Got any leads on a TIGER solo polo^^

Or the material to recover one.(on the cheap)

Lemme know.

MagicRat,
Have you checked with Bentsprocket on the Pacific Schwinn forum? He may be on my forum as well. I can check. Not sure what he charges.

PS - Mailed out the $$ for the item we discussed.

Fastback Maniac said:
MagicRat,
Have you checked with Bentsprocket on the Pacific Schwinn forum? He may be on my forum as well. I can check. Not sure what he charges.

PS - Maiiled out the $$ for the item we discussed.

speaking of "bentsprocket" this has always been one of my favorites :D (his bike, not mine)

pictures1682yc6.jpg

nd his seat covers are nice too !!! ive bought one from him before.

may seem like a dumb question but that does BFK stand for? i thught about for a while and i cant figure it out!

I favorite Stingray to hack up is definitely the BFK's, all the pleasure and none of the guilt! :D

BFK>>>That was a term coined by a Schwinn guy to the Schwinn Krate repops sold by Wal-Mart for Christmas in 2007.

Released on Black Friday...hence the name BFK

Latest posts

Back