Mixte Build.... 1 of 2 Builds this weekend!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just thought I'd throw these pics out there... it's the basic layout for the bike I'm going to finish building in the next few weeks.

It's going to be purple with purple sparkle grips....... took it for a ride and people gave me funny looks, but I dunno why.

I know it's a style that's been done before but I really like that style... yeah I'm a biter...

chimichanga said:
i would ride it. It looks awesome!
I'd ride too !! Mixtes are for either sex , they're not just a girl's bike frame. I love mine and ride it all the time. FatTires

Mixtie frames really look good if you build it chopper style and raked it out...a ton!
mixtie.jpg

I prefer the Raty Rusted look for the Mixte myself.
Here are my two Raty Mixte's, the one with the BIG bars (Massacre) has been raked with about 2.5 inch\s taken from the twin top tubes, and I also replaced the BB with a US one - I didn't have short enough Euro cranks!. Then the one with low bars (Drop Dead) is a std Mixte frame, but again like Massacre, but has the top seat stays and half the seat pole removed.I am looking forward to seeing what you come up with in design for your Mixte - Oh I do get VERY WEIRD looks as I ride this bike, but NO ONE has ever called either bike a chicks bike!!!
I do warn agains building em like mine as they are not the easiest to ride any distance at all!!!! And with the very short cranks (needed for clearence) you get nowhere fast anyway!!
n668822668_967190_7763.jpg

n668822668_1162410_4385.jpg

tlaing1 said:

i've a question for you guys. is there a reason you mounted the seat's/seat clamps the way you did?
my first instinct would be to flip it over (moving the seat back a couple inches-and the seat supports more inline with the down tube)
i noticed you both have em the other way and wondered if it had something to do with comfort/ridability or just perhaps looks?
very cool! and i do like the low solo seats on these builds.

I dont, I cut it off LOW.
I have a semi bent/layback on Massacre, just to get the seat to hug that rear guard and give me a bee's weiner extra leg room.
I guess you are talking about the banana seat mixte.

icyuod2 said:
[a question for you guys. is there a reason you mounted the seat's/seat clamps the way you did?
my first instinct would be to flip it over (moving the seat back a couple inches-and the seat supports more inline with the down tube)
i noticed you both have em the other way and wondered if it had something to do with comfort/ridability or just perhaps looks?
very cool! and i do like the low solo seats on these builds.
I just photoshoped one together fast...It's not an actual bike :)

Latest posts

Back