Sour apple (CCM SCRAMBLER)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here is my first bike build. The SOUR APPLE, It is a CCM Scrabler (not sure of the year yet). I painted It a custom mixed BASF Glassrut green which I call "Sour Apple Green", I also painted some ghost flames on the chain guard. I polished all of the chrome including the rims, the handle bars were replaced with Ape hangers. The banana seat is a new Low Rider unit, which I painted checkers onto the pan. The tires were replaced with New ones the originals were separated to the core. I also made dice valve caps for the bike. I had a blast building this bike and am now hooked. I hope you enjoy the picks.

For build info follow this link or look for it in the "Bike build" section"
http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=17973&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

This is how the bike looked when I got it:
IMG_6704.jpg

This is after the build:
IMG_7128.jpg

This Is me and the bike:
IMG_7126.jpg

This is my Fiancee with the bike:
IMG_7122.jpg

Me taking it for a spin:
IMG_7141.jpg

IMG_7109.jpg

IMG_7114.jpg

IMG_7119.jpg

Here you can see the die valve cap that I made for the bike:
IMG_7115.jpg

Here is the sour apple parked under the apple tree:
IMG_7130.jpg

IMG_7152.jpg

IMG_7154.jpg

IMG_7153.jpg

IMG_7158.jpg

IMG_7159.jpg

IMG_7164.jpg

IMG_7167.jpg

IMG_7168.jpg

IMG_7174.jpg

IMG_7180.jpg

IMG_7182.jpg

IMG_7185.jpg

nice job on the bike. looks awesome!
gotta ask, are you in canada or the u.s. ?
don't see too many americans with ccm's, and if ya are in canada i'm just wondering how close you are. (i'm in london ontario)
looks like ya got a great place to ride there, can we see more of the grounds? those 1/4 pipes and burms look fun as heck!

Thanks for the complements.

Fireproof said:
Cool photos . . . thanks for sharing! :D The bike turned out GREAT! The only thing I see missing are grips. I wouldn't want your hands slipping off the bars while pulling a mean wheelie!
aka_locojoe said:
Great looking bike. What about grips?

I have not quite decided which grips to go with yet but they are coming I Just have to order some.

icyuod2 said:
nice job on the bike. looks awesome!
gotta ask, are you in canada or the u.s. ?
don't see too many americans with ccm's, and if ya are in canada i'm just wondering how close you are. (i'm in london ontario)
looks like ya got a great place to ride there, can we see more of the grounds? those 1/4 pipes and burms look fun as h***!

I am from Winkler Manitoba Canada. The course is on my Fiancees parents farm yard. It is quite above my riding level. but it is a blast to watch the guys ride on it. It was built by my fiancees dad and her brother and his friends. It is known locally by the bikers as the "Freedensruh Free Ride Farm". I will post a couple of picks of the guys jumping their bikes.

Here are a few picks from the guys riding at the "Freedensruh Free Ride Farm"

Here you can see the roll in:
IMG_3903.jpg

This is the view from the top of the roll in over part of the jump course:
IMG_3923.jpg

here is the wall ride with my Mustang between the jumps:
IMG_2690.jpg

this shot was kind of scary for me because my car was under My fiancees brother and his friend who are doing a double jump over it. It made a sweet pick though:
IMG_2663_2.jpg

These picks are from 2 years ago. some of the jumps are made out of wood now and a bit bigger. Just have not taken any yet except for the ones with the sour apple in it

This last one is a view facing the roll in across the corse from the other direction:
IMG_2644.jpg

This is very VERY neat my friend. I love the bike, insane riding corse, ill stick to flat ground.. I really like that bike tho. Thanks again for the how to on the seat checkers, ill use that soon on something im not sure what yet. ;) Great bike man, you did a killer job. :mrgreen:

Gold Street Customs said:
I love the odd musclebikes, yours came out great, I like the jump course it has pain written all over it :shock:
ricksterr1221 said:
This is very VERY neat my friend. I love the bike, insane riding corse, ill stick to flat ground.. I really like that bike tho. Thanks again for the how to on the seat checkers, ill use that soon on something im not sure what yet. ;) Great bike man, you did a killer job. :mrgreen:

Thanks for the complements

dragsterIII said:
For repainting the bike did you mask the ccm scrambler decal or did you get a new one :?:

I actually painted it on. I work with a guy who used to work for a graphics/sign company. I took a photo of the original graphic and then gave him the picture and measurements of the graphic. He then transfered it to his computer and cleaned up the rough edges and filled in the missing pieces. The finished computer drawing was sent to the guy he used to work for. The graphic was then printed onto the stencil materiel with a special printer that cuts the stencil materiel. Then all I had to do was Stick the stencil on the chain guard and paint the letters on. I was very fortunate to have this connection.

Latest posts

Back