Fuji Bikes?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A couple i know have a set of his and hers matching colors, nice looking bikes, seem to ride well too, thick tubular frames, couldnt remeber if they were steel or aluminum? But they did make a good lookin pair of everday beach cruisers. Hope this helps :D

I've had a couple over the years. To me, they seem to have drastically improved over time. I think 62Higgins has one or two floating around. If I was looking for a new bike and they had a model to my liking, I'd be interested in purchasing one.

Fujis are awesome. My Dad has had his since 1977 when he bought it brand new and it never gave him any problems, despite a worn out cassette. I have a 1980 Fuji Monterey and it never gives me any problems. I also have a 1978 Fuji Sports 10 that I'm currently converting into a Fixie, I just installed the front brake back on today. Fujis are great bikes, at least the vintage ones that I'm aware of. The new ones look awesome too. :mrgreen:

It's actually quite hard to say that my best riding bike was made in Japan, but it's so true. :mrgreen:

Thanks! So far it sounds decent enough. I guess I will see what the salesman has to say when he gets here. I talked to him on the phone today and he seamed nice. At least they are willing to come here and check out the place. Then we will see where it goes.

The only other company that sent anyone was Jamis. They said how great they were and how the shop was going to a good fit for them. Then I filled out the application, and never heard from them again. The salesman doesn't even return my messages. If they don't want me as a dealer, that's fine. But at least have the courtesy to tell me. When I get treated that way, even if I became the biggest shop in the country, I wouldn't sell their bikes.

Your style of shop is what they go for. They started with a small shop here about 5 years ago and now that shop has grown fairly large. Plus you should be able to order SE Bikes which Fuji owns. http://www.sebikes.com/ F

Chainy knows I like my Fuji's. :D

I think they're great. We currently have (3) of their flatbar roadbikes (all Absolutes) and I also had a dropbar roadbike. I picked up a used police patrol bike a few years ago and that was nice too.

They sell a ton of the flatbars and roadbikes. The MTB's I am not sure of as I now spend all my time on the road.

When I was recently helping a new rider in our charity ride look for a flatbar I was in a local shop, where I have known the owner for close to 15 years, and he said he would pick the Fuji over the Cannondale's he just recently started selling. He said their versatility and bang for the buck component wise is tough to beat.

The two dealers I deal with both sell them and they seem to like working with the company as dealers. I think it is well worth a shot and good luck. If you want pm me and I will get you their contact info.

Scott

cman said:
Your style of shop is what they go for. They started with a small shop here about 5 years ago and now that shop has grown fairly large. Plus you should be able to order SE Bikes which Fuji owns. http://www.sebikes.com/ F

Thanks for the link. I think you are right about the other bikes. When I talked to the salesman he mention one or two other brands. I couldn't remember what he said, but this sounds like one of them. That is perfect, I have 13 and 16 year old sons. Between them and all their friends, I think I can sell a lot of BMX bikes.

i think you'll find fuji is the hawley of bike distributors- more amenable to new shops and mobile operations than many others. of course you can't draw any conclusions about quality from the japanese fujis of yesteryear, only the name remains. they seem to be the same chinese frames with the same parts as anybody else's brand, for better or worse :)

I ordered my first shipment of Fuji and SE Bikes today.

I decided to go with them because of the way they are willing to deal with me as a small shop. They do not require a huge commitment and the best thing is I only need to order 5 bikes at a time to get free shipping. Some others wanted at least 20 to get that. That saves between $10-20 on each bike.

I will have to see what they are like when they get here. It won't matter what pricing I get if they don't sell well.

I will post my thoughts about them after they get here.

Thanks everyone for your input.

Mike

Not much that anyone here would be interested in. These are all 2009 models. The new year starts next month so I had to pick from what they still had in stock. It was a great deal because they want to clear them out. At least I will have something in the shop for now.

NEVADA 2.0 19 M/L ELECTRIC BL EACH 1
11951217 NEVADA 4.0 17 MEN FUJI RED EACH 1
11951420 NEVADA 4.0 20.5 MEN SILVER EACH 1
11968015 SARATOGA 2.0 S MEN STEEL BLUE EACH 1
11968019 SARATOGA 2.0 M MEN STEEL BLUE EACH 1
11968115 SARATOGA 2.0 S LADY STEEL BLUE EACH 2
11969015 SARATOGA 3.0 S MEN BLUE EACH 1
11969019 SARATOGA 3.0 M MEN BLUE EACH 1
11969215 SARATOGA 3.0 S LADY COOL MINT EACH 2
13918001 WILDMAN X-PERT METALLIC BLUE EACH 1
13917001 WILDMAN COOL WHITE EACH 1
13908001 BRONCO STOPLIGHT RED EACH 1
13914001 QUADANGLE URGENT ORANGE

Everything showed up on Friday. They told me I would get them the day after I ordered them but I didn't count on it. I had to keep them boxed for now, getting ready to tile the shop floor.

I did put one together, a BMX bike my son, the new salesman wanted. He loves it. My older son, the "expert" even said it is nicer then he expected.It spent a lot of time at the skate park this weekend so we will see if it draws any customers in.

oh man, i was just on SE's site. I would looooooooooove a "big ripper". good stuff!
it would be real fun to do one of them in '80s PK Ripper colors. mess with some heads!

Latest posts

Back