new family member gets a make over

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry man, That is one of the coolest little bike I seen in awhile. If it was mine I'd ask for others ideas too. Have fun, I like seeing everyones pic. One day I'll post some of my bikes.

Look, it probably does hold some value, but I'm in a place where bike values are MENTAL, and no-one ever buys anything. A bunch of poser tyre-kickers for the most part. Build it how you want, and if its not original, but you don't cut anything, it should hold most of its value. Thats just my 2 cents though...

Murray, I'd shoot for a black tuck and roll look.....something similiar to what was on it originally.......just because it echoes the same type of seats that were originally on that era of dirtbike 8)

I'm am flat out impressed with your work though......nothing you do is half-..... .....phenominal work.

How about white with orange inserts like the chain guard, with a n logo on the back like the logo on the forks.
IMG_1159.jpg

thanks for the input guys I love the ideas!

how about black scalops over an orange seat fading to the back or

orange scalops on a black seat with corban material on top and black on the bottom?

I can do the orange on the bottom so it looks like the black is coming of in the wind ?!

Well you already repainted it -value, I say go custom.. Do what u want.

The more I thought of it. The more I felt it should stay as stock as possible

but I did go with the corban for the top with Tuck and Roll

IMG_1222.jpg

IMG_1223.jpg

I top stitched were I could and put it on....I'm happy with the choice. it will give it more of a motorcycle look

IMG_1225.jpg

IMG_1226.jpg

IMG_1227.jpg

now for the tank

IMG_1228.jpg

wow!!!!

that looks awesome man!!! i think any bike that looks a lil out of the ordinary is worth putting some time into. man, they werent messing around when they made the seats on those things were they! that thing could hold up an overweight middle aged man...ahem....where could i get one??? :D

sorry I have not been here as much!!! My holidays are over :( np problem though!

after going to the swap meet / bike show. I raced home to finish the bike.
I ended up sanding down the tank and fenders then priming them then paint.
IMG_1231.jpg

IMG_1235.jpg

one picture in the same place it all started. My wife will try and make the tank decals some time this week :D

IMG_1237.jpg

IMG_1238.jpg

Murry..
It looks GREAT.

Good to see you and ratdaddy at The Swap meet Today,
The Bike looks incredible!!!

I Think P.D. from " P.D.'s Hot Shop " will Love That in His Collection.
He had The table right smack Dab in The Center of The Inside hall.

He is a Freak for Old Moto/BMX/Stuff like that.

I digress.....Back to The Bike....
It looks Incredible Murray,

Kev.

Latest posts

Back