where'd you username come from?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KOTA was one of my dog's name. Passed a short time before I joined here. Now I see his name everyday. Had a lot of dogs in my life. Just glad my pointer "Sweetiepie" didn't die first. :roll: , otherwise I probably would have used that name. (she's gone now too)

Before moving to Oswego, NY, I lived outside of Boston and wanted to join the SKUL bicycle gang. Everyone had nicknames in the group. So I was thinking of some type of anti car Sci-fi name. So, since we messed up one planet with cars and The President at that time was thinking of sending astronauts to Mars. So, I thought, that the Martians there would not want want us to pollute their planet also. They just wanted our bicycles so the slogan for an anti cars Martian group would be "NO CARS ON MARS"

well i dont know if i posted my names meaning in the original post, but i dont feel like looking to see if it is. :lol: my name is really simple. Stretch is the name of the first bike i modified, and was my pride and joy. i still have it, but its up in the rafters waiting for the proper time(maybe i can paint it to match my truck when i get it and get the body all fixed up). sometimes i wish i would've been more creative with it but oh well. maybe some people think im really tall and thats why im called stretch. or maybe they think im related to Uncle Stretch. both are wrong of course. im rambling again.. :roll:

ham..and eggs.. ohhh! i got it! lol

why did i choose my name? when i was a kid, i was always out riding my bike. everywhere and all the time. rode my 82' ST bmx bike till it litteraly fell apart from years and years of heavy riding. and ever since, i used to ride freestyle bustin out with tricks in the 80's in my hood, road raced for a few years and one year even finished first in my class (team triathalon) with a flat tire for 3 miles (and still passed up other riders as i recklessly rode the snot out of that 87' schwinn tempo, chewing up the rear tire and fishtailing in turns). then i also raced mountain bikes for a few years and did some offroad mountain bike guiding as well. with all my riding disiplines and having had over 120 bikes and currently have like 25, i am the roadmaster...

... oh, and my 59' amf roadmaster cruiser was sitting in my subconsious sight behind the computer. :roll:

when i sighned up on the forum i couldn't think of nething to put downnothing so i really like Von Dutch and my last name is stanway......i wish i could change my name around now cause i thought of alot cooler name now.......don't you hate whan you have all these awsome idea for names when you don't need them as soo as you go to put one down you can't think of any... its funny cause i work in a tool rental place and i am always tearing the tools down to fix them and the manager when he was new to the store use to call me Dr.Frankenstien...

Mine comes from a slogan that I had written on my bike I rode to college. There was a bit of an evolution to it. My brother was playing with a label maker, and made a sticker reading "pedestrians SUCK". Since I had to wind my way across campus, dodging pedestrians wandering aimlessly like so many cattle, and then parking next to other bikes with stickers reading "cars suck", I pretty much had to take that sticker and apply it to the stem of my bike.

After a while I replaced that stem with a different one, so I had to replace the slogan. I wrote "ONE LESS PEDESTRIAN" in as big of block letters that would fit across the front of the handlebars. I realize that the automobile is in many ways a destructive force on earth, but I can't help but like them, and I resent "one less car" stickers. there is so much culture and romance attached to the automobile, I'd like to transfer a lot of that onto bicycles, and I think it's neccessary in this time of global warming and all that. At the very least, put some wheels under yourself, I mean come on! it's the 21st century, and you're walking places? give me a break!

(for the record, I have been known to walk places every now and then, but thinkin of bikes the whole time of course :wink: )

Before i started in the bike hobby I was into small engines and vintage garden tractors. The first one I got was a Allis Chalmers 610. After I got that I found a online club (simpletractors.com) and joined under the username MarksA-C. I'm Mark and my first and favorite machine is Allis Chalmers. Its stuck with me since then. 1 Username, easy to remember :lol:

CIMG0055750x563-1.jpg

This is my actual tractor, just finished restoring it about a month ago.

Daddyar said:
I first saw the Paladins over 10 years ago at La Vida Roadhouse in Orange County, Ca. This is one my favorite songs they covered. Sadly, the band and the bar both no longer exist. :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlAPWDASjWQ
my dad used to roadie for the james harman band and the Paladins used to open for them he said they were really fun to hang out with

The movie Breaking Away. Dennis Quaid's characters name is Mike and he talks about being called mean old man Mike someday. I guess that just stuck in my mind since my name is Mike.

My name, Tom Bxxxxxxx
"tomb" you can pronounce it like the grave reverence or like zombie. I dont care.

10++ years of jet aircraft maintenance. now i'm a jet airline pilot. had the nickname for years

thesuicideride said:
hey ifitsfreeitsforme, is that a eddie griswold quote? :lol: :lol: if it is, u win best username on this site in my book!

national_lampoon_eddie_1.jpg

hahaha!! I wish I could say yes, but I didn't even think of him when I came up with my username. I picked that name because my first frame that got me going on this hobby was a freebie from yeshoney.

Latest posts

Back