ideas

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
give the front fork a little bend forward and trade the 26" wheels for a pair of 24"

and if that doesn't work, ride slouched over in the saddle..... that will give the illusion of low to the whole picture :lol:

I know you asked for ideas WITHOUT welding.... but all you gotta do is ask around, Im sure someone in your area could do this for you, simple and easy, you could do the chop and get things lined up and then have a friend ZAP it in place.

LocoJoes frame chop!

Edit* or maybe your just not wanting to mess up the paint job? in that case I can only suggest maybe a bent springer fork?
DSCF0468Medium.jpg

deorman said:
People take note; the picture shows the correct strut arrangement at the wheel.

Is that the right way is it? Sweet, I had no idea... except I thought you would have the struts as 'inside top-inside bottom', then vice versa, if you know what I mean :? . That's the way I've had mine for a couple years of flat out riding (no car) and I've never had a hassle. I hope it doesn't just blow one day... :shock:

In theory, it imparts stiffness by preventing "paralleling", like the X-member in a pre-unit body car frame. In practice, it probably just makes it easier to work on the wheel. :wink:

Latest posts

Back