Hipster Terrorists...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just read this in the morning news...

"Two deadly bombs hidden in bicycles explode in Nalbari town in the north east Indian state"

Bicycle bombs???

Car bombs are so 2008, apparently... :roll:

(I mean no offense to anyone who may be effected by this incident, I just hate to see bicycles being used for evil, it makes no sense)

Don't put this stick on your bike
ThisBikePipeBomb.jpg

Full story here http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/dpp/news/02 ... port_Scare

:lol: :lol: That's sorta what came to mind Rat Rod... twisted isn't it? Hey Chainy, I didn't know that about them being used as a 'mobile' pipe bomb, espescially as early as WW1... pretty nifty idea really... at least you won't get traced by rego or engine numbers or anything... Scary... :shock:

There's a great book called "Bicycles in war". Not sure who it's by, but it is very facinating. Alot of it has actual stories about the men who rode the bikes and some are by various soldiers. Alot of military history surrounding bicycles. Probably written in the late 70s/early 80s. Several good pictures, some just drawings and some of the actual bikes during the various wars.
The one part that scared me was where they described how bikes were turned into mobile pipebombs with bike generators being used to set them off! I knew about the bikes being used for bombs but never realized how easy it actually was. Also I've noticed that this book is no longer in our library. If any of the librarians ever read it, they probably pulled it. In the wrong hands this book could give some idiot more than a few ideas! However if you can find it and you like history, check it out.

Here's a WW2 bike pic. After hearing the "bike bomb" story, I'd be worrying about booby traps if I were these guys. Gary
african-americans-wwii-103.jpg

Forget bike bombs, how about a dog bomb?

dogmine.jpg

Good 'ol Russians used them during WW2. Trained the dogs by feeding them under running T-34 tanks, so they would both be used to the noise and associate it with food, then purposely starved them and let them loose towards the German lines. Used quite a few at Kursk in '43.

stretch said:
^- thats cruel. :shock:

So were the Russians! They would put machine guns BEHIND their own troops, to fire into them if they fell back in battle. Even that is nothing compared to what they did to their own people during and after their Bolshevik Revolution.

Latest posts

Back