61 columbia thunderbolt custom

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is an older shot will get a new one soon.
appleshots460.jpg

great bike! this gives me even more inspiration for tommorow... when i get my 82' clipper (columbia) back on the road. like the touches of red details and great colors. they all work together really well. the only thing i could suggest is a driveline side pict, as well. :mrgreen:

the finished 61 thunderbolt almost, still looking for an old spring saddle leather seat
stuffwithbikes023.jpg

Saved the old grafix when I painted the bike, they were hiding under a coat of blue house paint. 8)
stuffwithbikes020.jpg

Great paint job, I really like how you masked off the old graphics! Looks rad!

NICE bike! Perfect colors..........I like saving old graphics too. :lol:

011-5.jpg

DISTURBIO GO said:
thats a cool idea with the old graphics....do you just clear coat em, or leave em be?
Not sure which one you're referring to.........I just took a 3M scotch pad and VERY lightly rubbed the tank. Then I sprayed a "few" coats of clear over the graphics I wanted to highlight, let dry. Then I sprayed a heavy coat of gray primer over everything, then a heavy coat of flat black.......wet sanded with 600 grit. On the graphics wet sand til you get what you're looking for, just don't sand through the CLEAR.........Then clear coat the whole thing.

Latest posts

Back