My first 50's bike...Monark...Thanks...New picture

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DSC00009.jpg

I guy was clearing out his storage so I bought two mike and he gave my 7 free...iim glowing...
I saw this Monarch and had to have it...i need help dating it though...

Need help dating it...

Re: My first 50's bike...Monarch

Yeah there is...Is there a site where I can find out what year it is?

Re: My first 50's bike...Monark

It looks like the back of the chainguard has a clamp. I'm no Monark expert but they switched from a clamp on the rear to attaching the back of the guard to a hole tapped in the frame sometime in the early 50's. Does your bike have a Monark badge or a Rocket badge? I'm thinking this frame style is called a Monark Rocket. Gary

B607 said:
It looks like the back of the chainguard has a clamp. I'm no Monark expert but they switched from a clamp on the rear to attaching the back of the guard to a hole tapped in the frame sometime in the early 50's. Does your bike have a Monark badge or a Rocket badge? I'm thinking this frame style is called a Monark Rocket. Gary

Gary,[B607] love your post.....''I'm no Monark expert BUT''...then you become one!! 8) So sorry, but if your signature wasnt dripping with sarcasm i wouldnt dare post this reply :oops:

Anyway....Mint looking cycle Adapt, I love It! Espesh with the cola box, Its A Beaut!!! [i recently just got my first 50's bike so know where your coming from mate!]

Hi Boris. I'm hardly a Monark expert. I'm a die-hard Schwinn guy but over the years I managed to "adopt" two homely Monarks and I've learned a little about them. I've learned enough to know...no more Monarks! Gary

Model Number: M400
Serial Number: 0223170

I'm Starting to think it's a late 40's Bike..........Definately a Monark Rocket...I think :?:

Re: My first 50's bike...Monark...I got the badge numbers...HELP

Does anyone know how I can date my Monark?

Thanks markm for replying...

1947! :shock: .....That is so awesome Rustinkerer thank you so much.... :D
How did you figure that out?......is there a website I can look at?........So is it a Monark Rocket?

How did you figure that out?......is there a website I can look at?........
I have a list in the "Newsletter By John Introduction to Classic Bicycles" book. It has a lot of good info in there, you can get it on ebay sometimes. (NBJ was/is one of the original sources for vintage bike stuff, still just a newsletter, he doesn't like computers.) I think the Monark #s are on old roads .com too. -Adam

Latest posts

Back