It's Bobbcycle time!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hooch said:
wow you think no one likes your builds? I love your builds and I am pretty sure there are many many others here that do too.
Just because you dont get 40 pages of posts doesnt mean people dont like it. I find it near impossible to even get all the posts read anymore let alone post on all of them

agreed. i think this build is amazing! ive been checkin up on it everyday. i wish i had the equipment and knowledge to fab up somethin like this.

Come on man! You are a great builder! I personally love motor bikes, bike, motorcycles...
besides, If you like it, who cares if the rest dosen´t?
I think your build is awesome, and I also think it would be good to be open minded to this guys opinions and suggestions, they are pretty good at this... :wink:

Well thanks guys...Thanks to all who appreciate what I do...

one of these days I'll try and find a different tank...but I'm off building another bike already...

As far as the handling goes, it handles great...but all my bikes have a similar rake so I guess I'm used to it...

Picture3-1.png

This bike takes me to work and back....no problem...until the flat tire demons appear out of no where...

I want too see a clip of you pedalling it :p

Nice pic too puts the size of these rides in perspective when someones on them, i always think they look HUGE
then you see a rider on them they are alot smaller then initially envisaged...

What you have going with the new build? have a worklog too link me too yet ?

Look forward to the next one anywayz..

KiM

Adapt said:
one of these days I'll try and find a different tank...but I'm off building another bike already...

If you want some options with the tanks since you can weld and all those little tanks that come with the kits make dang cool fat bob tanks
Looks like this
moondog4.jpg

Just cut the filler neck off and move it to the side. Then weld a filler plate over where you removed the filler. Add a couple of tubes at the lower areas of the tanks for crossover. Mount them with the standard mounts.
Terry
P.S. Ya need a jackshaft kit and a cluster on the rear then you can get to work a heck of a lot faster.

This is pretty cool...It took me a second to notice the two tanks together...

That other forum is interesting but difficult to start a thread...

Wow this thing is awesome. Got my vote :D Whate make/model of motor is that? my dad and i are really interested in building a bike like this so any info on the build would be much appreciated.
p.s. I second the hat, looks very swing :)

AussieJester said:
RockabillyRobbins said:
Whate make/model of motor is that? my dad and i are really interested in building a bike like

Its a 'Happy Time" motor often refereed to as a HT Grubee or China Gurl. They come in 49cc (legal) and 80cc(66cc actual) not road legal
You can find heaps of info about these motors on motoredbikes.com there's a big community (larger than here actually) of motored bicycle riders
You can get these motors/kits for ~120 U.S Ready to bolt straight in and run BUT they have been banned for sale come 2010 in the USA they failed to pass the EPA regs. There are alternatives you and your dad can look into unfortunately not as cheap but better quality and legal...Checkout motoredbikes for more..

KiM
did you just join this site so you could bring people over to the moteredbike site and talk bad about ours?

OK Lets play nice.....We all get what we get from this site. There are alot of others and they all deal with other hobbies. Some are intertwined like Ratrodbikes. There are alot of people doing all differant kinds of things here and the one thing that brings us all together is the BIKE and the appreciation of each others talents. There is no reason to judge anybodys vision of the perfect bike. Whether its a rusty build or a complete restore some with highly designed parts and some just barely ridable. Motor no motor we are all in this together ,and its about fun not being critical that any member takes a differant approach to his vision. :lol:

.... thanks adapt. I'll be starting up on this new project during christmas break (and after my speedway bike :roll: ) and you'll definitely be in the credits

the coolest motored bike ive seen yet man, i think ill be taking some cues from it in the future if you dont mind. :D

Latest posts

Back