60's rear rack

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
0d68_2rack.jpg

I purchased these on flea bay and they are claiming made in the 60's. does anyone have info on this item.
thank you for yuor time
dwayne

Looks like a reproduction, hard to tell by the pics...........Hey $6....That's a great price, no matter when it was made. The guy sells Teddy bears, he's not a bicycle person. He could've got more then $6. IMO

Looks an awful lot like the one that came on my new Schwinn cruiser WalMart bike, and I'd have to wonder why he'd have several in A-1 condition from the '60s...but as mentioned, you can't beat 6 bucks, regardless! Good score.

i have one of those from the same guy. definitely not NOS, but for the price, they're worth it. they're sturdy (at least a lot more sturdy than the broken original one i had ziptied to my frame,) and fit a variety of bikes.

thanks for the info, glad it is sturdy, they havent come in yet.
thank you for your time.
dwayne

hey, my racks' showed up. definitely not made in the 60's, but I'am happy. $6 a piece is awesome. Definitely a good price, and sturdy. It is 11 lbs. for 4 of them. what did I get 4 of them for? dunno no! :lol:

Latest posts

Back