Huffy Camaro

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1968 Camaro

Well, the men's cruiser was spoken for, luckily the women's bike wasn't, and I just picked it up. She got it new when she was 10 years old, so it's a 1968 Huffy Camaro. I've never heard of the Camaro model. The more I look it over the better it looks. Surface rust, original reflectors all around, 900 miles on the speedo, and it looks like original pedals with very little wear. Girls didn't tear their stuff up like us boys did. Both headlamps, switch rusted, probably never used, and I took the lens out before going down the highway. I'll bet there's old batteries in there from 1968. I might swipe the hub shiners and speedo for my Schwinn.

6dua0w.jpg

2qd68fb.jpg

b3wux4.jpg

mhdl48.jpg

33yj8s6.jpg

1z5j668.jpg

Cool find ..she looks like she will clean up nicely ..neat color purple.. :)

Very Cool.
I wonder if this wasn't Huffy's answer to the Schwinn "Corvette"?? Being an old Camarohead, I'm jealous.........
Great find.
Regards,
Jules

Thanks, I'm slowly taking it apart. Huge black widow spider hiding in the kickstand. No batteries, but the headlight mechanism and switch are corroded beyond help. The hub shiners are matching purple, so they will stay with this bike, although it covers up the red band hub. I searched around on the web and someone heard Huffy only made this model bike in 1968. I can't find anything else on it. The paint looks very good on this, no fading when I compared the purple to the inside color of the tank. The white looks good too.

My daughter is going to love this bike.

great find! kinda like those old huffies and ive heard or camero. guess they had another model, the corvair. not to mention galaxie. guess it was the thing back then to give bikes car names. kinda cool i think.

This is how she wanted it. So it's done. Kenda flames, big seat and apes. It's got a 3cc 3 speed with coaster and twist grip shifter. The carrier is part of the rear fender which wouldn't fit, but she didn't want them anyway. Used the old hub shiners though.

2wg7ukx.jpg

119xx8o.jpg

26035lz.jpg

I have a Huffy Impalla.It is spelled with two l's . Chevy was spelled with one l.I will post a picture tomorrow. :)

Markm said:
Nice job!!!!
:D :D :D :D

Thanks. What's good is the leftover set of wheels with red band coaster, handlebars with purple glitter grips, seat, fenders, and carrier I can use on something else.

How did I miss that????? I live in st augustine. let me know if you want to sell the leftovers.

i found a bike identical to this one at a bike shop near my town. the guts in the tank are gone and it's got a pricetag with $100.00 on it. i think that's kinda high but something's only worth what you're willing to pay. if anyone's interested pm me and i can give you their number.

Thanks,

I should have bought more of the flames while they were on sale. I'm all out except for a pair of the 26x3.

Latest posts

Back