New Specialized "Fat Boy" chopper?!??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anybody seen this bike??? Aluminum frame, 24X3" front wheel and 24X6" rear wheel!! So now it looks like Specialized makes 24X3.5" tires! :D

And you can get it in "Satin primer/Rust Rat Rod!"
9590-10_fatboy_ratrod_rust_l.jpg

DO WANT! This bike would rock with an internal gear rear hub. Somebody's got to do it!

http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bc/SBC ... d=09Fatboy

(EDIT)
Look at the axle clamps!!!! HOLY COW!

thatismytruck said:
$2800 :shock:

Oh, I know! Totally overpriced.

But you know you'd still want one... I just want to know where I can get the tires! Been looking all morning, nobody sells them that I can find (yet)

And did I mention the axle clamps?!? I'd like to use the fork, too!

$2800.00 , I can't imagine paying that for a bike. Lets see...I could buy between 150 and 175 bikes like I already have for that.Or I could really do 3 or 4 of mine right.To each his (or her)own. :shock:

I could build a bike like that for much, much less than $2800.... it might not have the cool spoke pattern, but man, look at what some of the guys here are already doing. And it's a single speed! I think I could do better!

Still love the paint job, though... and I love the frame and fork!

wish there were other views the showed the 24x6 rim better. seems like it would need a wider tire.

looks a little short too, seat to pedal-wise. looks like there's some room bettween the crank and front wheel where they could have kicked the pedals out a little more. at $2800 someone needs to show up at my door, take some inseam measurements and custom make it just for me. now that i think of it, isn't that bike ironspadecycles is making around that price? and custom made for the buyer?

except for the being aluminum (probaly much lighter), i'll stay with my homemade chopper project.

Philphine said:
wish there were other views the showed the 24x6 rim better. seems like it would need a wider tire.

looks a little short too, seat to pedal-wise. looks like there's some room bettween the crank and front wheel where they could have kicked the pedals out a little more. at $2800 someone needs to show up at my door, take some inseam measurements and custom make it just for me. now that i think of it, isn't that bike ironspadecycles is making around that price? and custom made for the buyer?

except for the being aluminum (probaly much lighter), i'll stay with my homemade chopper project.

Agreed, I think I put a total of around $200 into my chopper ($150 was just the rear hub) and I've put over 100 miles on it. Not as cool, but I can say I built it myself. And for a heck of a lot cheaper.

Tell you what, though, I really dig this bike. I'll definitely use some of those ideas down the road... maybe when I build Chop Suey v.2!

the placement of that chain tensioner is interesting. looks a lot cleaner than the usual hanging off the back; it's like it's hidden in plain sight in that forward position.

but $2800? nah. that bike doesn't move me as much as some of the stuff i've seen here.
Philephine said:
at $2800 someone needs to show up at my door, take some inseam measurements and custom make it just for me.

bighit said:
You should look into the S-works line if you want to see expensive bikes. Some top 7g.

I'd rock this kitty if I had $5,995

prod_3420.jpg

I remember paying $2500 for my Electraglide...course it was used and that was in 1980...

The chain tensioner makes the chain line up really nice with the frame but they messed up the clean lines with the centerstand. At the speed you're going to ride that thing two discs is overkill, the rear one is enough. Another bike for the people that just buy and can't build (or ride). I agree with free, I prefer the Tarmac.

Hey!

I want to purchase a Specialized Fatboy Chopper 2009 Glossy Orange but all my searches on the net brought me nowhere: I found nothing. No place which is offering this bike. (Or it was me who was so dumb to find one.) (I am not in USA)

Could anyone (if there is anyone) reading this post, guide me with some assistance or help me find a bike shop which I can contact, please?

Thanks in advance.

Since this thread got ressurected, I'll take the opportunity to post a few custom variations of the Fat Boy that I saw at Morgan Hill:

2651931715_7e68dec8a6.jpg

2651940041_756fc466b6.jpg

2651941659_de6d09409f.jpg

2652559417_e37faf7a63.jpg

2653390556_e29005fb42.jpg

Hugo

hey!

thanks "thisismytruck" and "Hugo" for your replies.
glad to hear that "this thread got ressurected" :)

i already had tried the link before and asked tens of bike shops in ny, md and in ca, where my friends live. but got negative responses: they wrote to me that they do not have the bike.

this was why i am desperately seeking the bike.
your counselling is important and valuable for me.

by the way, i am about to buy a second chopper/cruiser type bike until i (find the place to) buy the specialized's fatboy chopper (hoping it will be in a near future).

i've been riding freeride and xc bikes for many years. but recently, some part of my concern changed to comfort.

the second bike i mentioned above is phat cycles' strecth on this link: http://www.phatcycles.com/Phattitude/stretch.htm

it looks reeeally comfortable for me since i am 1.83 m (6 ft) long. (my inseam lets me ride the 18 inch size xc bikes without problems)

but cannot be so sure about the fatboy chopper since the style and the geometry of these bikes looks totally different.

i can be ok with the single speed gear but if i will not have the comfort along with the looks, that money then would be wasted as some people on the thread suggested.

what do you say?

thanks.

Latest posts

Back