Show me your Military theme bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MILITARY MADNESS this is a couple of pictures of my military build i was bored one weekend so this is what i came up with looks better in person the pictures are a little dark....
ooo002.jpg
ooo001.jpg

jklier said:
You can see that it was painted Air Force blue at one time, probably when the Army Air Corp became the Air Force late in the forties.

Actually, the Army Air Corps existed from 1926 until 1941 when it became the Army Air Force.(USAAF) In 1947 the Army Air Force became the US Air Force. I just looked this up as I'm researching my Grandfathers service during WW2 in the AAF. I have all of his paperwork, medals, and German loot he brought back from WW2. :) Gary

this is a Rollfast 28" based on the headbadge, i have no info really on this bike... anyways here some pics...

IMG_9361-1.jpg

...thats a Benjamin Franklin airgun , and the CO2 tank.. as Props :D

IMG_9364.jpg

IMG_9365.jpg

csc0375640x480jpg-1.jpg

Here's a couple of military motorcycles. First is a 1917 HD. Second one, year unknown but looks like a WW2 model. Gary
191720Harley.jpg

3639401414_3b99986fcd_o.jpg

Here's a swiss army (not kidding!!) bike. every young man in switzerland must serve in the army. The bikes that are issued to them they have the option of keeping after service. I spotted this one in the tunnels at the "Top of Europe" weather station. I wanted one really bad but they are kind of expensive (and heavy to ship). Enjoy!
IMGP3038.jpg

IMGP3039.jpg

tool bag and pump
IMGP3040.jpg

drum brake (not working!)
IMGP3041.jpg

well used leather saddle
IMGP3042.jpg

IMGP3043.jpg

Dnepr K-750 Flat-twin Motorcycle & Sidecar

1964 Dnepr K-750 Flat-twin Motorcycle & Sidecar

This K-750 is 1964, but it's the civilian version of the WW2 Russian Army M72 ...which is a clone of the German Army BMW R71

dnepr_01.jpg

dnepr_.jpg

Here they are for comparison: a German BMW R71 (below)

r71.jpg

then the Russian M72 (below). The M72 was used with great success by the Russians during WW2.

m72_ww2_1.jpg

And, below, my 1964 K-750

dnepr_02.jpg

very short video on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zu18ChWiHUs

k750.jpg

62hotrod: Your bike is a beauty, clean and neat!

ssk46r: very nice looking bike!

jklier: Awesome work restoring that Huffman, for what I´ve seen, a tough resto protect.
PLEASE PM me some pix of your Jeep!!!
Which one is it? The naval CJ or the OD G503 :wink:?

bikefin.jpg

My military bikes:

Fully dressed 1940s Swiss Army bike (+ British Army BSA MkV in background)

swiss_and_BSA_4copy.jpg

Below: 1947 Mercury (Mercury Industries, Birmingham) with the saddlebag + BSA MkV (rare for Britain as has coaster brake; was made for US troops to use on R&R in south of France).

Mercury_BSA2copy.jpg

Mercury good original paint and decals. BSA repainted.

All fully functional

This is my "Kronan" which is a modern version of a swedish military bike used in the 1940's

Billede0211.jpg

Just sold mine on saturday :cry:

Got big bucks for it :D
I see a paratrooper BSA folding bike in my future :wink:

Latest posts

Back