LADIES bike build off challenge

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MattJP said:
Elgin.jpg

This picture immediately made me think of Santa's workshop! :p

Chainsaw said:
MattJP said:

This picture immediately made me think of Santa's workshop! :p

Yeah, that´s exactly what I thought...
Are the Elves gonna help you with this?
Can they? Can the Elves help him? That´s not fair man!! :D

For what I´ve seen, this is gonna be one great build off...

OK, my brother borrowed my vintage sled and showed up with this. It is our other brothers bike that was stashed in our cousins garage. :D
So, consider us all elves?

So MattJP give that "Other Brother's Cousins bike some Lovin" (Say that 10 times fast). Looks like I'm going to have some direct competetion with that ride, this should be interresting...

I'll post up the official Builder list tomorrow, please PM me so i don't miss your name.

Thanks, Walker

OK guys, I'm up for a challenge. Who wants to go head to head?

Ladies frame, stock frame, small budget, 1 on 1 challenge. You've seen her naked, my 1947 Schwinn frame, so you know what you're up against.

I send you something, you send me something. Something cool and something not necessarily cool, but probably funny.

And we get to building.

If it's someone local, we'll meet up and exchange parts, taunts, and maybe a beer.

Who's up?

--Rob

Hi Guy's :D

I realy think that this build will be alot of fun :)

i have done one girl frame before and i had alot of fun in the process so i think i will join you guy's in this build off it should be alot of fun and there is alot of time to have it compleated so i am in !, i will post what i will be using for my built soon till then look at what i bilt before
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=20627

'49 columbia

Don't now how I'am supposed to start a build thread. Here"s mine, no that is my wife's > :D <
houseinspics2007.jpg

houseinspics2013.jpg

houseinspics2014.jpg

houseinspics2010.jpg

houseinspics2011.jpg

with this rack.
0d68_2rack.jpg

I beat out the fenders today and got primer on them and the fork. She is 61 years young and every bolt came right off. contacted Mr. Columbia for a reproduction front light. :mrgreen:

The LT said:
Depending on what the timeline for this is going to be I may be joining if that is OK. I was planning on building something for my wife for her birthday anyways.

Still waiting, Bro.

Lonewolf said:
The LT said:
Depending on what the timeline for this is going to be I may be joining if that is OK. I was planning on building something for my wife for her birthday anyways.

Still waiting, Bro.

I thought we were using the other thread and I posted some pics of what i am starting with in there but here they are again.

0107101923a.jpg

0107101923c.jpg

0107101923d.jpg

Nice Coast king!

It looks like the forks are bent forward. That usually means they were bent back then straightened a little too far. I would take the forks off and inspect them very closely for any cracks.

Wildcat said:
Nice Coast king!

It looks like the forks are bent forward. That usually means they were bent back then straightened a little too far. I would take the forks off and inspect them very closely for any cracks.

Thanks! I'll check the forks tomorrow night. I still need to get a few more parts and then start to strip off the old paint and then the hardest part will be to find some place warm enough to paint.

Latest posts

Back