My smaller rides (bikes that don't have 26" wheels)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
These are all of my oddball bikes that I have had in the past. All have been gifted or traded after I fixed them up.
This was my first flea market find, a sears 'splitable' bike (it doesn't fold , it comes apart in the middle. rides on 20" wheels.
greenie1.jpg

This was a 'Batavus' brand folding bike,on 20" wheels, after I went through a can of WD40 and 3 cans of spray paint t0 get it back to folding status:
bike2e.jpg

These were interesting shaft drive kids bicycles (16" wheels) that I found within 2 weeks of each other. The stick on headbadge read' Rallye'. Cleaned them up with some spray paint. I found it curious that shaft drive bikes for kids were made in the last 25 years.

CSD1.jpg
<p>
CSD2.jpg

This was an interesting made in japan frame circa 1970's that I came across, it yelled out 'rad rot me!', so I complied with some parts I had laying around.. 20" wheels.
redrod2.jpg
<p>
redrod3.jpg

I've got that exact shaft drive bike! :p Did you get the original seat with it? The seat has a rail along the back of it. When I originally posted the pics, everyone teased me about it looking like a toilet paper roller. :lol:
I really like the red and black bike. Very COOL!
Thanks

@Chainsaw : Yes, both bikes had the little handle on the back of the seat, presumably so that the adult could hold on to their little one safely. The seat pleather on both seats had deteriorated, so I discarded both. I never recall seeing those shaft drive bikes in stores, and googling for them didn't dig up any info.

The red bike is my 'I wish I hadn't departed with that one' bike... I think everyone has one of those. :roll:

@ floridasfavson: Yes, it was a gold colored tote cycle, based on the sticker residue on the chainguard. It was a European design imported into America under different badges. Huffy badged it as their 'camper' model, here is one:

20060727_14.jpg

hey i have a sears tote cycle...pretty good shape but flat tires....just got on the site today..so dont know how to do much...interested? anyone?

Latest posts

Back