ANY CHRONIC ACID REFLUX SUFFERERS OUT THERE?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I have battled this garbage for many many years. I've had every test in the book done. Tried every diet and miracle cure on the market.

Been on PPI drugs for 9 years now and have been off of them for the past two months. Trying to see if they are helping or hurting. So far I've had really good weeks and really bad weeks.

Just curious if anyone else battles this junk. :cry:

I suffered for 15 years. Had many upper GI's. Tried everything. Then, I lost 50 pounds and hasn't bothered me since. However, I have a friend that is skinny and he suffers. If he lost weight, he would probably die because he is so thin. I think he is in the same boat as you. I feel your pain bro.

I had the same problemes for years, a friend osteopath did something to me and i have not had the problem since! its a weid procedure, he had to go stretch the mucle betwen the stomach and the other organ that beside it(the one sending acid fluid to the stomach ) I dont know its name in english. the reason is that the muscle between the two was not closing properly....The procedure is a bit painfull and you feel sick for 24h after that(like you gonna puke) but since then i've been ok...

I went through a period a couple years ago where I too suffered from this. Was on the PPI pills which did help. Mine I believe was due to stress and diet which I've tried to change. I'm not on the drugs now and don't experience it regularly any more like I did.

I had issues in the past as well. Mine was a combination of bodyfat, diet and stress.

I used to eat fast food everyday, tons of processed 'junk', and sit at the computer all day every day doing drafting for commercial construction.

Now, I still have stress, and am sedintary at work, I now work out frequently, and only eat clean unprocessed foods (which also resulted in 50lbs wieght loss)...all signs of heartburn and acid problems have disappeared.

Now, I am not saying that you have any of the same issues, but this is what helped me get over it.

I have always been a Small Guy..
I have always been very Fit...but small.

I suffered with it for about 5 years..then I started eating better,
cut out as Much Processed Foods as Possible,
and Stayed away from Acidic Foods.

My Girlfriend has me Eating Organic as Much as Possible,
and watching what I put into myself.

I haven't had an Outburst in a Few years now.....
I Thinks it's for sure my Change of Diet...

Wow....so I'm definitely not alone on this. I guess everyone experiences the junk from time to time, it's just a matter of whether it effects your quality of life.

I'm 5' 9" and weigh 150lbs so I wish it was a weight factor. I personally feel like stress plays a big part in it for me.

I did okay on the drugs for several years, but this past year has been the worst. Of course, I do have 2 kiddos now and one on the way so the stress situation has definitely been ramped up a notch.

I have considered the surgery that is offered, but most of the doctors here say that it's probably only good for 5 years worth of relief. It's pretty radical stuff too.

One thing I do need to do is exercise more....ride these silly bikes that are piling up in my garage...ha ha!

Thanks for sharing the stories guys.

Steve

I am a huge believer in the preventative/holistic approach....sure, drugs will probably help this, but in the end, its nutrician and exercise thats going to be the long term fix.

Im not exactly sure what ur talking about, Is it where ur chest burns and u feel like ur gonna puke? I Have this problem like right now, Main thing that triggers it is Lemonade and stuff with tamato paste.. b

ricksterr1221 said:
Im not exactly sure what ur talking about, Is it where ur chest burns and u feel like ur gonna puke? I Have this problem like right now, Main thing that triggers it is Lemonade and stuff with tamato paste.. b

Rick - Heartburn and GERD (AKA acid reflux), while they seem similar, are actually two different things. Sounds like what your describing is heartburn. But I'm no doctor, so I'll just post up some Wikipedia links that should tell you more:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gastroesop ... ux_disease

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heartburn

-Mp

Latest posts

Back