fat-track (motorized) almost;

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: fat-track

A.S.BOLTNUT said:
kram said:
You could mount a tank on the rear rack.
xHOBOPHOBIAx said:
i'm pretty sure its 66. they just call it an 80 for some reason.[/quote

rear rack :?: very interesting yah i need too get creative with this one ,not sure wat to do :idea:
and i wonder why they call it a 80 ? :?

Well if the cops ever ask its a 49cc...Terry
still lying I mean riding legal in Indiana for the past few years.

ratina said:
Sweet bike! Are those 24" tires?
kram said:
You could mount a tank on the rear rack.[/quote
those tires are 26'' and i like the rear rack idea kinda wat i wuz thinkin :idea:

I like the look you achieved on this one.And as far as forks thanks for letting me know they will work on a 26".I see those little stingrays on craigs list for @ $40 now and then.Get a chain on it so i can test ride it for you when i get up there.lol

Jay Dawg said:
I like the look you achieved on this one.And as far as forks thanks for letting me know they will work on a 26".I see those little stingrays on craigs list for @ $40 now and then.Get a chain on it so i can test ride it for you when i get up there.lol

wat's up jay dawg ! be givin you a call soon gettin ready too head home today ! 8)

well got too tinkering with this thing again ,got the motor mounted and trying options for tanx,hmm,,dont know ?

0201101713a.jpg

try moving the tank back towards the engine a bit and tilting the tank up a bit more. that would balance out the look. then again i am no expert with these i have yet to do one lol. good start though

I believe the call it a 80cc because they calucate cc's alittle differntly. The biggest is a 66cc out of all those chinese bicycle engines. If you check out some of the more legit sellers on ebay they say it right in the description that the 80 is actually a 66. I've been debating back and forth for so long on buying a kit. I think tossing some pegs onto the rear would give you a nice lowered position and not too cramped up.

here we go again still tryin out tanks found this one at a swap,think its off a minibike or some kind of small engine ? but i wanna mount it under the top bar as to not disturb the flow of the bike ? it would hve to be on some kind of quick release system to allow refueling ?

newtank.jpg

i kinda like the under top tube mounted tank that is a neat idea. but i like the larger tank better i dont think it hurts the flow of the bike

hey heres a idea. :idea: for a tank... take a piece of 2" or 2 1/2" pipe cut it to the length you want . take a 2" hole saw or what ever size pipe you use cut a piece of flat stock.. weld it to the bottom of the pipe weld anut that the pet .... screws into. you can just use a nipple because the carb that comes with your motor kit has a shut off on the carb. then cut the filler kneck off the tank that came with the kit and weld that to the top of the pipe . if it was a frame you made you could of used the top tube for a tank . gl rick

A.S.BOLTNUT said:
here we go again still tryin out tanks found this one at a swap,think its off a minibike or some kind of small engine ? but i wanna mount it under the top bar as to not disturb the flow of the bike ? it would hve to be on some kind of quick release system to allow refueling ?

newtank.jpg

I'm digging the little tank.

Looks like rather than a quick-disconnect, you could pivot the little tank, swing it out to one side for refilling, and the back under the frame for riding.

thanx for the input guy's ! i'm still at a debating where to go with this ,i like rnchoppers idea with the pipe ,some times you just gotta let it sit for a while and go back to it ,but it has;nt struck me yet what to do ?..........at a stand still... :?

Latest posts

Back