'51 Schwinn " the Bronze Phantom" FiniSHED!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey this is my 1st actual post in the bike builds forum. I kinda cheated alittle because i started this project last summer, and was stored away till now.
this bike has been rackin up $$. I started with a bare metal frame and thats all. the pic below is pretty much all i had done before storage.
primerd, painted it and added chain guard.

100_0955.jpg

heres a pile of parts i plan on using:
P2110262.jpg

next i thought a little too plain so i added the 2-tone flat black paint, oh and i jacked that decal on the chain guard from my nieces trike
also added the badge and antiqued it to look like old brass, can tke pics if any one cares
P2110260.jpg

here it is with mocked up rims front is gold, rear is chrome w/ blk spokes, and a Electra flames white wall,sorry for the pink my camera does that sometimes
P2110263.jpg

P2110264.jpg

I murdered out these vintage drop center rims w thick spokes and changed the tires to these fatt cream tires from electra, also thought these Apes would look good but NEGATIVE
murdered out this repop sweetheart sprocket
P2150271.jpg

attempted to add stripes and a scallop not bad i guess
P2150273.jpg

P2150275.jpg

P2160276.jpg

P2160279.jpg

and thats what i have so far fellas, i dont know why i dont dig those creams man?

please feel free to critque and give opinions

ill be adding brass accented hardware and chain and add a vintage bullet headlight with horn, its in the box of parts, above

Re: 1949 Schwinn, semi rat?

I'm liking it, please post the pics of the headbadge. The pinkish picture reminds me of an old Mudhoney video, just sayin.

yeah ur right, alot of rock videos in the 90s hade that oversaturated look, huuh? lol ill take pics
thanks

for my hommie Smokey who asked:
heres the BADGE, antiqued to look like brass

P2170282.jpg

P2170281.jpg

Re: 1949 Schwinn, "STRAT" (straight bar rat"

its looking good i like the head badge to ..looks like my old 63 nova i had ...nice car

early 60s nova or chevy II?

Hey el spanto ,no me spantes ! lookin good soo far 8) 8)

Nada espantoso mi amigo!
In fact this is a very cool looking bike 4 sure.
Colour is great, and those fat "cremitas" look awesome.
Can´t wait to see how the lights and the rest turn up.

hey guys, well i didnt REALIZE my car in the back ground
but yes thats , "Bettie", my '62 Chevy Nova, ill post a better pic if u guys want

Re: 1951 Schwinn, "STRAT" (straight bar rat"

Testing the front fender, headlight and different hadlebars, if I use the handle bars theyll be painted black with SChwinn ,tanish teardrop chubby grips

also dont know if u guys can see but i have some masking tape on the top tube maybe to add some ivory scallops to match fender accents

please opinions!!!

P2220283.jpg

P2220282.jpg

lookin good soo far ! like the ape hangers ! 8)

maddogrider said:
Are you gonna make the head light L.E.D? bike looks good man i like the apes

no way man im keeping the light OG, its battery operatedn with a horn.
thanks, its cuz those apes look good profile but not wide enuff theyre for a smaller bike but i got some Electra aPes thatll suite the fram little better

A.S.BOLTNUT said:
lookin good soo far ! like the ape hangers ! 8)

thanks A.S., its cuz those apes look good profile but not wide enuff theyre for a smaller bike, but i got some Electra aPes thatll suite the fram little better

thanx for the imput, more pics to come

Latest posts

Back