Maybe one more

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, that is one stunning looking bike...and that paint might be costly, but what a gorgeous colour (it looks even tasty like skittles :lol: ), especially with those creme tires...simply amazing, I'm gonna stare at it some more :mrgreen:

Thanks Ace. It looks like they put copper in it ,because it has a copper colored hue to it if your not looking at it straight on. Kinda of a weird color. I'm anxious to try their green .

I did a black primer and I know it would have been brighter if I had used that white. I wanted a darker red on this one. I thought about a gold base. Its what they use on candy apple red ..

Thanks Deorman. I wasnt really crazy about it till I got the paint tires and the springer and then I was even impressed.

Got chain ,crank and pedals. :lol:

crankandchain002.jpg

I just perused the bike company ads. I think that I have some leather and I'm going to try tomorrow to cover a seat and make some grips. Black is really off for the seat and grips.

Yeah Dr T it is along way from where it started. I know that its design was a lot different ,but I'm really pleased at how it turned out. Probably anything seat wise that goes to the tan or brown will look pretty good. I know black isn't it . :lol:

i want it. like, seriously, when your done with riding it, i want to buy it. :D but it looks so SWEET!

Thanks Mr F it shouldnt be too long till its done. Just working on the little stuff now.

Stretch Have you noticed that my bikes arnt in the for sale section. I don't sell them. Just build one and then another and just stack them up. :lol: :lol:

Yeah Randy if I cant come up with a seat I may have to go to white and maybe spray it with some spray to match those tires. I havent seen anybody do it yet. I tried sanding some leather last night and it looks pretty close , but that was in my shop at 3 in the morning ,so there is no telling what color it really is. :shock: :shock:
Glad everybody seems to like this one. My builds are really just for the viewing enjoyment on the site. It gives everybody something a little different to look at . I believe that everybody contributes...from the guy that posts...look I found some NOS nuts for my New Departure hub to the guy that builds a complete bike. Mine is no more or no less than anybody. I try to entertain a little ...teach a little ...and make everybody dream alot.

:shock: wow that bike came out very,,very nice ..hey i got a idea pull out the dead plants in the garden replace them with fake flowers :lol: that will save some time ...very nice build uncle stretch...

rnchoppers said:
:shock: wow that bike came out very,,very nice ..hey i got a idea pull out the dead plants in the garden replace them with fake flowers :lol: that will save some time ...very nice build uncle stretch...
Thanks ,glad you like it. My wife has them scheduled to come run some machine over the old stuff and remove it and then plant new grass,so that is one problem I wont have. Maybe it will keep raining and not freeze again. :roll:

Ok got some done. Bent my bars and got my kickstand built and on. Hope ya like it. Still have to come up with a seat and some grips that hopefully will match the tires.

barsandkickstand001.jpg

barsandkickstand002.jpg

barsandkickstand003.jpg

looks great :mrgreen:
this' come along way since i saw it last week...kudos on a great looking build(this screams for a higgins tank to be cut and made to fit though :wink: )!

Latest posts

Back