Question for the scooter experts

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My daughter wants me to buy her a Pertutti Solo scooter. Anybody here know if they are any good and what to watch for? I may have 2006 for $1400. I know nothing about scooters so any help would be greatly appreciated. :D

Many thanks

Gerry

Hmmmm........
Sounds Chinese. There are a few OK Chinese
scoots but most of them are real problems.
Usually, distributors buy them by the crateload and
sell them really cheaply in tire or auto parts stores
or on E-Bay. The problems are that aside from being
cheap, there is no parts support and a lot of the time
no Certificate of Origin if you want to get them registered.
I could be wrong but Ive never heard of ths company
leading me to beleive it is a knock-off.
Here is a good site for Chinese scoot info :
http://www.scootdawg.com

If it was my decision I would stick with a Buddy 125,
TGB, KYMCO, DAELIM, SYM or Yamaha only for Asian
stuff....Maybe Vento if you got a good deal. Honda makes
a 50 and 80cc too ....
You pay a few dollars more but they have OK support
after the sale.

like ratboy says, stay away from chinese, theyre not all bad, but their quality control is less than substandard IMO, plus when you have to order parts for em you may be up a creek with a turd for a paddle. for $1400 you can get a decent used honda metro (water-cooled too) and not have to worry bout keppin it runnin or all the bolts tight. the model your talkin bout is a widely used generic body style that several scooter makes use. Japan and Taiwan are what your lookin for, obviously honda and yamaha have the best IMO service and parts availability, others ive rode, The Genuine Buddy 50 and 125 seem to be another honest scooter co that has had very little problems and owners love em (maybe called PGO BuBu in canada), Kymcos are reliable as well, TGB (taiwan golden bee) are decent, they use a yamaha GY6 motor in em and parts are available widely for em. Ive never rode a SYM scooter but they are getting a good talk up as i hear anyway

solonew2_big.jpg

is this it ?

cause heres a schwinn campus and a tng(twistngo) just like it, cookie cutter scoots IMO thrown together as cheap as possible.

schwinncampus.jpg

tngscooter.jpg

there is always Vespa what is unreal is they still make the old two stroke smoker too :shock: I have been looking at the 250. :D I had several Vespas back in the 70's and they were tough little scooters. I also have had a Honda Elite 125 water cooled. My biggest issue with the Honda has been the plastic body panels. Mine is missing a left cover and I can't find one and it won't pass inspection with out it. :?

Aaron 8)

Yeah that's th one CCR. Hmmm, they are sold by a decent moto shop here in Montreal so I figured getting parts would not be an issue. With a name like that it sounded Italian, I should have figured it was Chinese. Thanks a lot guys, I'll sleep less stupid tonite :D

wahoonc said:
there is always Vespa what is unreal is they still make the old two stroke smoker too :shock: I have been looking at the 250. :D I had several Vespas back in the 70's and they were tough little scooters. I also have had a Honda Elite 125 water cooled. My biggest issue with the Honda has been the plastic body panels. Mine is missing a left cover and I can't find one and it won't pass inspection with out it. :?

Aaron 8)

Hey wut up Aaron !

2 stroke scoots are making a comeback because of the
total-burn technology being used now to keep 'em clean.
This isnt yer fathers Vespa !!
:mrgreen:
Buddy ( Genuine Scoot Co.) has a 110cc 2s Black Cat and Dealim
has a 100cc 2s Dolfino.
the Elite is a highly prized unit amoungst T&G afficianados....
You might try : http://www.scooterbbs.com to see if you can find the
panel.....watch out though, they arent too friendly over there !!
:shock: :shock: :lol:

Hey RaTbOy...How's q-tip land :p

I have ridden a couple of the Genuine scooters specifically the Stella model, which I think was actually made in India and I suspect one of the reasons it isn't sold over here anymore is the smoky part of it... All of the Vespa P150's they are selling are 2005 models and ARE NOT for sale in CA :roll: :wink:
The Vespa I am looking at is the GTS 250 it will rock and roll. 65-70 mpg with a top end of close to 80 mph!

I am doing what I can to get a real job so I can ride a bike to work :p

Aaron 8)

wahoonc said:
Hey RaTbOy...How's q-tip land :p

I have ridden a couple of the Genuine scooters specifically the Stella model, which I think was actually made in India and I suspect one of the reasons it isn't sold over here anymore is the smoky part of it... All of the Vespa P150's they are selling are 2005 models and ARE NOT for sale in CA :roll: :wink:
The Vespa I am looking at is the GTS 250 it will rock and roll. 65-70 mpg with a top end of close to 80 mph!

I am doing what I can to get a real job so I can ride a bike to work :p

Aaron 8)

Hey Aaron !
Scroll down to the middle of this page to see my Stella...
http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1538
I LOVED that bike !! I rejetted it and fit it with a race
Simonini chamber and it flat out screamed !!
Weed Wackers Gone Wild !!!! The Filth~ the Fury !!! Ha ha ha
:mrgreen: The pink fur got me about 3mph, too.....
As soon as I become gainfully employed again, Im getting a
TGB-9 or a Dealim Delfino 2s depending on who will
give the best deal.
This is the only beneifit I can see to becoming employed, so
Im really in no hurry...how about you ? :lol: :lol:
Hope all is well in ye olde kountry, its better than I thought
it would be here.......not too much to complain about for a
change !! :mrgreen:

Oh yeah...one of my old klubmates traded a big honda maxi-scoot
for a Gt250 and never looked back !!! The Holy Grail of biggie
scoots !!!

GET HER A CROTCH ROCKET :lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry couldnt resist With Ratboy talking bout all the highspeed stuff on scooters.

ricksterr1221 said:
GET HER A CROTCH ROCKET :lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry couldnt resist With Ratboy talking bout all the highspeed stuff on scooters.

ahhhhhhh.....Its all relative yung grasshoppah !!

Did you check the bikes out on my link ??
I had a few 170mph machines :shock:
The thing is...those bikes are built to be stable at
high speeds.
I can assure you the sensation of a short wheelbased
scooter with tiny wheelbarrow wheels going 65mph
is a far more scary and thrilling ride than the mighty
Crotchrocket ! Think of riding the most wack, craziest
roller coaster with no seat belt, or an untamed horse
who just drank 2 Starbucks Ventos and you will undrstand
why 60 or so is PLENTY FAST on a scooter !!!!!!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i have done total restos on vintage vespas...

i have a 74 primavera, and a 66 sprint w/ a P200 engine in it...
at one time i think we had 7 or 8, but i only kept these 2...

also check your local laws, here, anything over 50cc's you need a motorcycle license... and yes i've been bagged by the cops... :x

oct.

ive been meanin to ask, is there any suppplier difference for the engines in the stella/px150's, all the engine kits seem to be universal so is this just a rebadge ?? also anyone had anyexperience with the 5 speed trans for em ??

CCR said:
ive been meanin to ask, is there any suppplier difference for the engines in the stella/px150's, all the engine kits seem to be universal so is this just a rebadge ?? also anyone had anyexperience with the 5 speed trans for em ??

If I recall all the nuiances from my Stella daze the motors
were a mixed bag....The Stella actually put out about .5 more hp
for some reason but there was some higher quality spec parts
on the Vespa. Vespas PX150 was sort of there generic scoot
and a few different manufacurers made it for them from time
to time. The Stella is LML in India. My Stella was an '03 and was
chokd to death ! As soon as I let it breath it gained about 20
mph, literally ! Still, there is no way a new Vespa 150 is worth
2000 more than a Stella. I beat mine to death, 300 mile days
wide open on some club rides and it never missed a beat !!

http://www.stellaspeed.com

ive got a chance on an 05 stella w/sidecar, some say they can still do 55 w/em some say more like 45 max, have your rode with any sidecar set-ups before ? only thing that keeps me from pullin the trigger is the newly aquired epa power threat, my big question is how long will i get to cruise on one before they shut the "dirty" 2strokes down, rather just get a majesty or gts (maybe a 200cc blur/gmax if they get around to it), if the stellas life span will be be limited emissions wise id rather get somethin more regulations friendly.

LOL Ratboy, i didnt say it was slow, I wouldnt wanna do 60 on a scooter lol.

get her a honda ruckus scooter or if she wants the "cute one" the vino. either way it is slow, cheap to use and no two stroke so she can't blow it up as easy as a two stroke. and yes there are ways to make it a bunch faster :D

CCR said:
ive got a chance on an 05 stella w/sidecar, some say they can still do 55 w/em some say more like 45 max, have your rode with any sidecar set-ups before ? only thing that keeps me from pullin the trigger is the newly aquired epa power threat, my big question is how long will i get to cruise on one before they shut the "dirty" 2strokes down, rather just get a majesty or gts (maybe a 200cc blur/gmax if they get around to it), if the stellas life span will be be limited emissions wise id rather get somethin more regulations friendly.

I have known to be wrong in the past, ha ha ha ..
But I cannot see a sidecar Stella doing 55. 50 on a slight downhill,
maybe, but 55 no way. regarldess, as soon as a hill came you'de
be doing 30. As I said, others might have different opinions bt
thats mine :eek:
I dont think they are going to shut the 2-strokers down too soon.
Genuine is coming out with a 110cc 2s and Dealim has the 100cc
Delfino avaible right now. They use new total-burn technology and
a cat converter. Very clean relatively speaking. I loved my
Stella but Im going with a TGB-9 this time around. You can
get so much more speed out of auto 150's for so much less
money and its easier to dial the variator than change cogs on
a shifty. There are a zillion scooter dealers here in S.FL.
Ill probably cnage my mind 20 times , though :D

I will second the speed on the Stella with the side car. Also due to some stability issues I would not expect to be running much over 45 mph loaded, slower on uphills. I had a Vespa 200 with a side car for a short period and it would run an honest 60 with the sidecar empty, but that was also a scooter that would run out over 75 mph without it. From what I recall the Stella in stock form is only good for about 55-60 by itself.

Aaron 8)

thanks for the insight, i figured it would have to be slower but the dealer assured me "thats the 2stroke for ya, tons of power", i have been eyeballin the rattler 110, i dont think i could actually go the vespa route just due to the price tags, i tear stuff up too easy :oops:

wahoonc said:
From what I recall the Stella in stock form is only good for about 55-60 by itself.

Aaron 8)

Aaron,
as I stated, my Stella was so choked from the factory
I could only get about 45 out of it aftre meticulous
break-in. After I piped and jetted it and hammered
the cylindar into submission I could get a car-timed
58mph. I think a windshield might have gotten me
about 2 more though. But, 2 strokes do sound good !
Mine had a deep p0PpaPoPp0pp0p0pop sound that
reminded me the AWESOME Hooker piped Hodaka Road
Toad from the era when men were men and sheeps were
scared !!!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back