ENGINE No.9 (completely complete!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ENGINE No.9 (head badge pics!)

Very nice ! that really sets it off. I still want your headlight for my bike though..

wow! :shock: thanks for all the awesome compliments guys! :D
i did try the gold leaf and failed miserably. :( it may have turned out better if i hadn't tried it on such a windy day, oh well.
but all isn't lost, i decided to go another route which i'm sure will look almost as good and is much easier. :)
i'll try to get more pics up soon! :mrgreen:

yeah its in mine too, as everytime i see your title, i think "it looked like india ink and tasted like turpentine - i took a drink" :p

Re: ENGINE No.9 (it's all in the family)

i was doing some research online and came across this pic of my bikes great great grandfather. this very old "bicycle fire engine" as it was named apparently sits on display at a museum in queensland, australia.
geez, just when you think you're doing something new... :roll:

bicyclefireengine.jpg

Re: ENGINE No.9 (it's all in the family)

:shock: diggin the helmets they'd have to wear.

Re: ENGINE No.9 (Gold Leaf! well, sorta...)

so as i mentioned before i tried the gold leaf and it didn't work out too well so instead i decided to use gold mylar. i cut out the shapes then carefully outlined them in black with a fine tip paint pen. seems to work well on the fender but not so well on the diamond plate, so now i'm trying to think of another method of applying the lettering to that particular surface. i really don't want to use the vinyl stuff, although it would work and if i can't think of another way of doing it that's probably what i'll use. if you guys have any thoughts please let me know. all ideas will be welcome :D

gold.jpg

gold1.jpg

Re: ENGINE No.9 (Gold Leaf! well, sorta...)

deorman said:
Heck, that looks better than the real thing. 8) Need to put some on the paintwork. :|

thanks! :D it definitely turned out better than i thought it would. i have some plans for the paint that are still to come, maybe some type of pinstripe or lettering i'm not sure yet. still juggling some different ideas around trying to figure out what would look best.

Re: ENGINE No.9 says...

badge.jpg

i found this cool little fender badge and as soon as i saw it i knew it had a place on No.9. i think its from the 50's or early 60's and amazingly doesn't have a scratch on it.

Latest posts

Back